Sr. Director, Customer Success
Extensiv is a visionary technology leader focused on creating the future of omnichannel fulfillment. Through our unrivaled network of more than 2,000 connected 3PLs and a suite of integrated, cloud-native warehouse, order, and inventory management platforms we allow modern merchants and brands to fulfill demand anywhere with superior flexibility and scale without painful platform migrations.
The Customer Success team is responsible for the management of all active customers, ensuring we have strong processes in place to drive renewals, identify upsell and expansion opportunities, high product adoption and mitigate churn. It is the responsibility of the team to coordinate efforts across our customer’s organization in a manner that demonstrates value to the customer and provides opportunities for account expansion and loyalty/advocacy efforts.
The Director of Customer Success is responsible for the performance of Customer Success teams at Extensiv, including the Customer Success Management and Account Management teams. This person will lead and guide the team to develop strategies to promote customer software adoption, drive customer satisfaction, develop customer action plans for dissatisfied customers, and increase contract renewals. The Director, of Customer Success will partner with other Extensiv leaders in Revenue Ops, Sales, Onboarding, and Support to create and deliver a seamless customer experience. Additionally, the leader will be responsible for aligning and reporting on the effectiveness of Customer Success as it relates to the overall Extensiv business strategies and work with leadership on how best to leverage and expand Customer Success to deliver ROI for both customers and Extensiv.
What You Will Do:
- Scope of Responsibilities: Responsible for the results of the Customer Success teams across all Extensiv platforms and services, specifically to customer retention, satisfaction, renewals, and software adoption.
- Team management: Mentor and guide a team of client success managers and account managers to achieve account objectives by providing continuous mentorship, monitoring performance, and offering constructive feedback. Establish and evaluate client success metrics for the team.
- Relationship management: Foster meaningful connections with customers to promote optimal product utilization and satisfaction.
- Strategic Account Management: Devise and execute strategic account plans for key clients, aligning with their long-term objectives and promoting widespread product adoption throughout their organizations.
- Upselling and Expansion: Stimulate revenue growth by identifying upselling or cross-selling opportunities within existing client accounts. Formulate strategies and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to capitalize on these prospects and achieve revenue goals tied to upsell and expansion.
- Client Advocacy: Act as a client advocate within the company, conveying client feedback and collaborating with product, engineering, and other teams to prioritize and address client needs. Work alongside sales, marketing, product, and engineering teams to ensure a unified approach to client success, product development, and account expansion.
- Cross-functional Leadership: Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to support potential high-quality customers (HQC’s). Coordinate cross-functionally to resolve customer friction points in the customer journey and to resolve escalated customer issues. Partner with Sales and Product to build processes and ways of working designed to understand customer needs, deliver positive customer experiences, and exceed customer expectations at all points in the customer journey. Represent the Voice of the Customer and report on KPIs (key performance indicators) and Monthly Business Reviews.
- Industry Expertise: Cultivate a deep understanding of industry trends, competitive dynamics, and the role Extensiv plays
- Client Retention Strategy: Design and execute an extensive client retention strategy to reduce churn and maintain high client satisfaction levels. Define and implement escalation processes to mitigate churn risk. This may include initiatives such as customer satisfaction surveys, loyalty programs, or client success workshops.
- Data Strategy: Establish and implement processes and supporting systems and tools that will enable the department managers to provide data back to the business on the Customer Success team's effectiveness. Evaluate Customer Success tech stack, identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for tools, including a Customer Success Platform, to drive transparency and efficiencies throughout the Customer Success organization.
- 10+ years of experience in customer success, account management, or a related field, ideally in a scaling fast-paced technology environment. Some of this experience should be in a leadership or management role.
- Proven track record of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Experience with customer success technologies (CRM, CSP, etc.), and data analytics tools.
- Experience developing digital and low/tech touch customer success programs strongly preferred.
- Having built (or redesigned) a customer success organization from the ground up in a B2B SaaS (Software as a Service) environment
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high-achieving teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and manage multiple priorities.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and the ability to get things done.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to create and execute customer success strategies and processes from the ground up.
Skills and Expertise:
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You excel in analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- You enjoy learning about technology products.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and the ability to get things done.
- You enjoy working in cross-team collaboration and support.
- A true love for customers and the customer success profession
- A strong bias towards action
- Consultative mindset combined with an ability to set and deliver on a future vision
- Proven track record in cross-functional collaboration to find the best solutions to complex problems
- Strong communicator with a business-oriented mindset and a solid understanding of strategic decision-making
- Proven track record delivering against expansion and upsell revenue objectives
- Proven leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Passionate about helping customers, colleagues, and team members succeed
We look for team players. Authentic people who strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. We promise to help enable and equip you for long-term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest-performing team of professionals, Extensiv focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, Extensiv's recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at Extensiv are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
Extensiv does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Extensiv strives to provide competitive market-informed compensation based on a candidate's knowledge, skills, and experience. The salary range for this position is $113,200-$153,900. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.