Software Engineer Backend IV - Transportation
Software Engineering IV - Transportation
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
ACV Transportation is looking for a Software Engineer that will focus on the web and back-end components of our Transportation products and tools. This team is the power behind our Transportation products and is responsible for developing new functionality for our internal tools and external facing applications that are used by thousands of customers every day.
You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Transportation. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems and apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Architect and build entire services including but not limited to, data modeling, storage, message brokers, protocols, interfaces, and front ends.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Design and develop systems across all major departments including but not limited to, data, enterprise applications, and IT.
- Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve highly complex software problems.
- Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
- Design and build complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
- Develop roadmaps and prioritize technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
- Lead and successfully complete software projects with minimal guidance from managers.
- Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
- Provide technical support for many applications within the technology portfolio, respond to and troubleshoot problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years’ experience working with continuous integration and build tools.
- 3-4 years’ progressive management/leadership experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Expert in version control systems
- Expert in software engineering tooling with a proven ability to mentor and drive adoption of new tools and tooling standards.
- Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
- Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
Compensation: $137,300.00 - $152,200.00 annually. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Product & Technology
- Job Function Software Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- 640 Ellicott St #321, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA