Transportation Specialist - Shipper Services
Transportation Specialist - Shipper Services
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
The Transportation Specialist - Shipper Services is responsible for supporting the Transportation department by facilitating shipper operations. This role utilizes processes and procedures established by the Transportation department to support shipper services by triaging and handling customer and carrier inquiries and processing transactions. The Transportation Specialist - Shipper Services partners with shippers, off-platform customers, and internal departments and Teammates to navigate shipper-related assignments. This role performs duties with limited supervision.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Triage customer and shipper-related inquiries; manage transactions and communications to provide timely resolutions. Refer inquiries or tasks to appropriate Teammate(s).
- Process transactions to support Transportation operations and shipper services. Transactions may include dispatching and logistics for off-platform customer and tailoring transportation solutions; relegate transactions to appropriate Teammate(s).
- Maintain and manage relationships with shippers, off-platform customers, and internal departments and Teammates.
- Resolve complex issues utilizing processes, procedures, and effective problem solving skills.
- Ensure accurate and proper entry and maintenance of records in Salesforce, load boards, NetSuite, and other related systems or platforms.
- Work interdepartmentally to maintain status of off-platform and shipper-related assignments. Connect with sellers, buyers, and carriers to provide continuous communication.
- Ensure transactions and records are accurate, up-to-date, and compliant. Validate documentation by reviewing for accuracy, completion, and consistency.
- Identify opportunities for customer satisfaction improvement by promoting offerings. Communicate the value of working with ACV and promote partnership and engagement with off-platform customers and shippers.
- Collaborate with management and the Shipper Services team to identify opportunities and assist in development of effective policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in dispatch, logistics, or transportation industry.
- Intermediate problem-solving ability
- Teamworking skills, including both internally and externally
- Proven customer service ability
- Communication and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Familiarity with business technology, including Microsoft Office or G Suite, and Salesforce.
Compensation: $21.00 per hour. Please note that final compensation will be determined based upon the applicant's relevant experience, skillset, location, business needs, market demands, and other factors as permitted by law.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Transportation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, January 26, 2024
- Buffalo, NY, USA