Vehicle Condition Inspector
Vehicle Condition Inspector
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
What you will do
- Partner with Territory Management and the Logistics Team to conduct wholesale, off-lease and retail inspections of vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle inspections at a variety of locations including dealerships, physical auctions, off site locations and consumer residences.
- Responsible for the completion of vehicle condition inspections and related reporting and/or recordkeeping including but not limited to: (interior/exterior), repair/replacement estimates and related documentation. Identify, and assess structural damage, frame condition, and alignment of vehicle body panels and repairs along with detecting missing parts and mechanical problems.
- Take paint meter readings and perform AMP (Audio Motor Profile) recordings as well as Virtual Lift undercarriage images.
- List inspected wholesale vehicles utilizing ACV Auctions platform for bidding and purchasing.
- Interface regularly with customers to develop strong relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Travel to & from dealerships, auctions and consumer homes to inspect and write condition reports and list vehicles to sell on the auction platform.
- Collaborate with Territory Management and Business Development to educate and share information on all ACV available products and services.
- Stay informed with information regarding the ACV products and service improvements, the changing demands of customers, market conditions and implement new business strategy.
- Sign up independent dealerships as buyers to utilize ACV Auctions digital platform.
What you will need
- Incredible Customer Service skills with the ability to understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Preferred to have 1 - 3 years of experience in the automotive field (body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge) with customer service background strongly preferred.
- Problem solving aptitude to meet challenges with resourcefulness and innovative approaches.
- Proven success to work independently with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to and from assignments and a valid driver's license.
- Prefer a working knowledge of CRM Tools, web-based applications and automotive inspection tools.
- Able to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of conditions (indoor and outdoor).
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, or kneel, stand for a prolonged period of time with the ability to lift.
- Flexible availability including weekends (primarily Saturdays) and ability to be available between the hours of 8am and 6pm with occasional evenings as required by the needs of the business.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function VCIs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Little Rock, AR, USA