Corporate Counsel, Labor and Employment
Corporate Counsel, Labor and Employment
If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
The Corporate Counsel, Labor and Employment is responsible for managing legal aspects of People & Culture and fostering a compliant and harmonious workplace. This role provides expertise in labor law, employment relations, and litigation strategy in order to provide proactive legal support to People & Culture and management teams. The Corporate Counsel, Labor and Employment ensures People & Culture and employment practices align with legal requirements and best practices.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Provide actionable and business-focused advice on a broad range of labor and employment law issues, including: recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits; employee relations; performance management; leaves of absence and accommodation; workplace health and safety; wage and hour issues; discrimination and harassment; and discipline and termination.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of scalable and compliant company policies, procedures, and trainings relating to the employee lifecycle.
- Draft employment-related agreements, templates, and forms (e.g., employment, consulting, separation, etc.).
- Advise on complex/sensitive employment matters and help resolve matters through pre-dispute resolution and/or positioning the company for potential employment litigation.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing and implementing training programs.
- Assist with employment immigration matters.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Research relevant labor, employment, and compliance topics and stay current on developments in the law and evolving best practices.
- Assist with pending and current disputes and litigation.
- Identify creative ways to increase efficiencies and support internal clients across jurisdictions and time zones.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- JD with at least 4 years’ experience handling employment and labor issues in a demanding and innovative business and legal environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Expertise in employment counseling with a strong understanding of state and federal employment and labor laws, especially as applicable to non-exempt workforces.
- Prior in-house experience strongly preferred
- Strategic and creative thinker, oriented toward practical solutions and proactive process improvements.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with teammates across the organization, as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, utilizing effective organizational skills to prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects for multiple stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Legal
- Job Function Corporate Counsel
- Pay Type Salary
- Florida, USA
- Georgia, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Michigan, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Ohio, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Texas, USA
- Virginia, USA