If you are looking for a career at a dynamic company with a people-first mindset and a deep culture of growth and autonomy, ACV is the right place for you! Competitive compensation packages and learning and development opportunities, ACV has what you need to advance to the next level in your career. We will continue to raise the bar every day by investing in our people and technology to help our customers succeed. We hire people who share our passion, bring innovative ideas to the table, and enjoy a collaborative atmosphere.
Who we are:
ACV is a technology company that has revolutionized how dealers buy and sell cars online. We are transforming the automotive industry. ACV Auctions Inc. (ACV), has applied innovation and user-designed, data driven applications and solutions. We are building the most trusted and efficient digital marketplace with data solutions for sourcing, selling and managing used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive insights that were once unimaginable. We are disruptors of the industry and we want you to join us on our journey. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, ClearCar, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products, as well as, True360 and Data Services.
At ACV we focus on the Health, Physical, Financial, Social and Emotional Wellness of our Teammates and to support this we offer:
- Multiple medical plans including a high deductible health plan that costs $0 out of your paycheck
- Company-sponsored (paid) Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive optional benefits such as Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life/AD&D, Legal/ID Protection, and Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Generous paid time off options, including vacation time, sick days, Company holidays, floating holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave, jury duty leave, voting leave, and other forms of paid leave as required by applicable law or regulation
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with additional opportunities to earn stock in the Company
- Retirement planning through the Company’s 401(k)
Who we are looking for:
The Corporate Accountant plays a pivotal role in supporting the financial health and integrity of ACV. This role is responsible for managing and reconciling financial transactions, preparing and examining financial records, and ensuring compliance with accounting principles and regulatory standards. The Corporate Accountant's precision and attention to detail are vital in maintaining accurate financial data, facilitating timely reporting, and supporting sound financial decision-making within the company.
What you will do:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Drive short- and long-term strategic initiatives in the accounting department. These initiatives include but are not limited to (i) building a strong internal control environment to ensure accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, (ii) increasing the speed of routine accounting processes, (iii) improving the quality and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Apply independent discretion in making decisions key to the success of the department’s strategic initiatives.
- Independently manage multiple priorities requiring accounting technical acumen and sound business judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Apply knowledge of U.S. GAAP in accounting for different types of business transactions.
- Make recommendations that carry substantial weight related to the design and implementation of internal and external financial reporting and have significant involvement in preparing financial reporting.
- Independently prepare monthly closing journal entries to effectuate accurate and timely corporate financial reporting.
- Independently prepare monthly reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Work directly with the Company’s independent accounting firm in connection with the annual audit of financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- 2 years’ accounting experience.
- The ability to work independently and apply financial and accounting knowledge in the furtherance of the accounting department’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to identify possible solutions to business problems.
- Takes initiative to identify issues then develop and recommend solutions.
Trust & Transparency | People First | Positive Experiences | Calm Persistence | Never Settling
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
- Job Family Finance & Accounting
- Job Function Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Rochester, NY, USA