Senior HR Business Partner - Maternity Coverage
The Sr HRBP role is a contract position to cover a long-term maternity leave (14 months). While it is a temporary role, it’s a significant time period to make an impact and the right person will see this as an opportunity to join a great company and culture with the potential for a permanent role down the line. This role serves as all-encompassing support for an assigned team/functional group. The role supports their team by aligning HR strategies and practices with the overall business objectives. A successful HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs; leads the direct delivery of HR services to employees; supports managers to ensure their teams perform optimally; and proactively seeks ways to improve performance both within their own teams and cross-team with the peer Sr HRBP to enhance our culture and mission. This role is also responsible for coordination of Learning & Development programs, in conjunction with external partners.
- Develop thoughtful approaches to the team’s employee lifecycle by evaluating team dynamics, performance and skill levels, bringing insight and best practices to managers in crafting strategies and executing on recommendations.
- Act as a trusted advisor to managers and team members, based on mutual respect and trust, on a variety of matters including performance management, complex employee relations, and career development.
- Assess Engagement Survey results with managers to determine key focus areas for improvement and education.
- Drive our L&D programs to enhance our employee career development, manager capabilities, and key business objectives.
- Proactively analyze data and trends to identify opportunities for operational improvement.
- Guide and support managers with team member performance management issues, coaching conversations, investigations, and administration of progressive discipline (PIP)s.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team on org planning and hiring expectations.
- Support and execute programs for team member engagement.
- Partner with peer Sr HRBP to align on supporting career paths, succession planning, compensation planning and retention strategies.
- Support the semi-annual performance review process and partner with managers to identify next steps for employees based on scoring; evaluating next steps for high performers and assisting in coaching low performers up or out of the organization.
- Effectively support change management initiatives by communicating new, changing, and existing policies and procedures while enforcing and ensuring understanding and compliance.
- Demonstrate and maintain open and honest communication, creating an inclusive, engaging and high-performance culture that reflects our values.
- Serve as an advocate for people, ensuring their concerns and feedback are heard and addressed in a timely manner.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve our remote work environment and organizational culture.
- Collaborate with the People team to develop and implement initiatives and programs that support team-bonding and community engagement.
Process and Best Practices
- Continuous education regarding best practices and legal requirements to ensure compliance.
- Partner with managers and the People team on company initiatives to drive change, streamline processes and continue building on our people-first mindset.
- Stay updated on the latest HR trends and best practices, and recommend innovative solutions to enhance HR effectiveness and elevate HR throughout the organization.
What You'll Bring To The Team
- 4 - 6 years of experience in an HRBP role.
- Experience in a small to mid-size startup is ideal.
- Strong knowledge of HR principles, practices, and employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to complex HR issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Leadership & Collaboration
- Demonstrates leadership skills, including coaching, mentoring, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive work culture within the People team and across the organization.
- Practices excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Partners with managers to improve employee performance metrics including employee engagement, internal mobility, regrettable losses and manager capability.
- Talent Management
- Knowledge of performance management, employee development, and succession planning to develop and retain top talent.
- Experience in critical employee retention strategies and initiatives specific to upleveling talent.
- Change Management
- Drives successful organizational change and coaches managers and teams to be successful at change management (planning, implementing, and guiding individuals, teams, and organizations through a period of transition or transformation).
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Adapts quickly to ever changing business needs and priorities
- Executes on projects when there's a level of ambiguity
- Sound Judgment
- Collects and evaluates all the necessary information/facts from all relevant stakeholders before making decisions
- Considers and escalates as necessary the potential risks/consequences as well the advantages/positive outcomes of decisions
What you'll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers who are obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- We pay your medical, dental, and vision insurance with comprehensive PPO and HMO plans. And provide flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We offer a 401k plan to help you plan for retirement.
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
At Affinity, we are passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals. Our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month. We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms. With over 1700 customers in 70 countries on our platform, a Glassdoor rating of 4.9, and being ranked in the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies, we need more great people to help us scale even more.
The more diverse our team is, the more we’ll be able to learn from each other, and the better our company and our product will be. Whatever your gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, favorite Spotify playlist, or social, cultural, and economic background, we can’t wait to welcome you to Affinity!
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $96,000 to $140,000 USD. Within the range, individual pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2,700 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.0 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.
We use E-Verify
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.