Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Agility Robotics is a pioneer. Our robot, Digit, is the first to be sold into workplaces across the globe. Our team is differentiated by its expertise in imagining, engineering, and delivering robots with advanced mobility, dexterity, intelligence, and efficiency -- robots specifically designed to work alongside people, in spaces built for people. Every day, we break through engineering challenges and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make robots commonplace and approachable. This work is our passion and our responsibility: our mission is to make businesses more productive and people’s lives more fulfilling.
Agility Robotics is a pioneer. Our humanoid robot, Digit, is the first to be sold into workplaces across the globe. Our team is differentiated by its expertise in imagining, engineering, and delivering robots with advanced mobility, dexterity, intelligence, and efficiency -- robots specifically designed to work alongside people, in spaces built for people. Every day, we break through engineering challenges and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make humanoid robots commonplace and approachable. This work is our passion and our responsibility: our mission is to make businesses more productive, and people’s lives more fulfilling.
About The Role:
Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking for talented leaders to join our agile, world-class team. This person will be responsible for the manufacturing engineering team leading the manufacturing and assembly technology development processes and providing sustaining engineering of our new robot factory.
- Oversees the manufacturing engineering team, including new-product introduction (NPI) and sustaining teams. Leads team responsible for development of manufacturing and assembly bill-of-process for NPI products and ongoing efficiencies for sustaining products, optimized and standardized work instructions and operating procedures are in place. This includes manufacturing and assembly processes for internal operations and contract-manufacturers.
- Leads team in ensuring safe, ergonomic, and efficient processes are developed and implemented while maintaining production, quality, and reliability metrics.
- Leads manufacturing engineering organization in advanced technology development and implementation of novel and enhanced manufacturing and assembly processes and equipment to drive ongoing efficiency and quality standard improvements.
- Leads manufacturing engineering team in DFx - design-for-manufacturability, assembly optimization, testability, and quality by partnering with product engineering and quality on design and process improvements.
- Oversees manufacturing engineering in tooling and fixture design for mass production, ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and reproducible, and key production metrics achieved including throughput and yield.
- Leads the manufacturing engineering team in developing refurbishment processes to meet mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) targets and engineering changes to improve reliability and reduce mean-time-between-failures (MTBF).
- Drives product cost reductions to achieve cost targets related to non-materials constituents, including labor, consumables, scrap, rework and production capital equipment.
- Leads the manufacturing engineering team in driving continuous improvement projects and initiatives, troubleshooting, troubleshooting manufacturing and quality issues, and standardization
- Oversees and participates in the recruitment, hiring, and training of manufacturing engineering employees, and advances individual and team performance through coaching, feedback, and training.
- Minimum 8 years of related management experience and bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Thorough understanding of the policies and practices used in manufacturing engineering for new product introduction and sustaining mass production
- Ability to set long-term goals and communicate them to others.
- Ability to motivate and organize multiple efforts to accomplish goals.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% Company Paid Disability, Life, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (for AR employees)
- Employer Matched Retirement Plan
- Five Weeks of Paid Time Off Annually
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Relocation Assistance (for certain roles)
- Stock Options (for certain roles)
- A culture that encourages flexible work schedules
- A culture that embraces individuality and authenticity
Agility Robotics is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discriminatory practices, including harassment. Therefore, it is the policy of Agility Robotics to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Agility Robotics prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Apply Now: https://grnh.se/b444bbd04us