Senior Marketing Manager [short term assignment]
Alto Pharmacy is a full-service, digitally-powered pharmacy that makes it simple to live your healthiest life by providing an easier, more supportive and more affordable pharmacy experience. We’re redefining what a pharmacy can do, with fast and reliable prescription delivery, tools like treatment reminders and medication bundling, direct access to care specialists, and support with insurance and cost savings. By focusing on the person behind the prescription, our model boosts adherence, improves health outcomes, and keeps our customers returning month after month. Learn more at www.alto.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Marketing Manager to join Alto. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of growth marketing expertise, with a focus on DTC, patient lifecycle marketing and general marketing strategies. Startup experience is highly valued, as this role requires agility, creativity, and a hands-on approach.
As a Senior Marketing Manager, you will lead strategic initiatives aimed at optimizing our market presence and engagement. This involves experiments with Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies in specific geographic areas, carefully targeting demographics aligned with our products and services. Your role extends to defining comprehensive tracking and attribution system requirements to ensure effective performance measurement. Additionally, you will be instrumental in developing and implementing patient marketing programs designed to enhance retention, foster loyalty, and capture wallet share through a diverse outreach approach, encompassing mail, email, and text communication channels. Your responsibilities will also include orchestrating the launch of lifecycle marketing campaigns tailored to each line of business, target audience, and patient profile, among other key factors.
Accelerate Your Career as You
- Build a sustainable, scalable, repeatable engine of growth levers that will help drive Alto’s business through the next stages of the company
- Drive customer acquisition and retention through targeted and data-driven marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and analysis of multi-channel marketing campaigns (performance marketing, seo, conversion rate optimization, email marketing, social media, email and more, etc.) to maximize reach, effectiveness and engagement.
- Responsible for the design, development, launch and management of campaigns including strategic alignment and tactical execution
- Manage and optimize lifecycle marketing campaigns to enhance customer engagement and experience, ensuring effective, personalized and tailored communications that resonate with our audience across key moments and touchpoints.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Design and Commercial teams to lay the foundation for our growth, tracking and attribution and funnel optimization efforts.
- Utilize analytics and KPIs to measure the success of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly to achieve growth goals.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies to maintain a competitive edge and response in the market.
A Bit About You
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus
- 8+ years experience in Growth Marketing in the digital healthcare, health tech or point solution spaces
- 4+ years experience at a rapid-growth start-up that is brand and performance-focused
- 3+ years of experience managing agencies and maximizing ROI.
- Experience with regulatory compliance requirements including HIPAA, privacy and data security
- Proven track record of developing and managing highly efficient, small to medium scale ($3M+) acquisition programs that optimize for LTV, ROI, or Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
- Strong understanding of owned channels, including email and social media, with hands-on experience creating seamless patient journeys
- Exceptional analytical skills that unlock performance-driving insights across channel, creative, and attribution disciplines.
- Analytical, technical and data literate - able to dig into our tracking, metrics, distill insights and tell compelling stories through data
- Strategic thinker with a bias for action, who is also willing to be a scrappy problem solver.
- High-growth Experience: Proven track record of success in marketing roles within, high-growth, budget conscious environments, demonstrating the ability to navigate ambiguity, drive initiatives from ideation to execution, and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced settings.
- Patient Marketing Expertise: Extensive experience in developing and implementing patient-focused marketing strategies, showcasing a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape, patient journeys, and the ability to create compelling touchpoints that resonate with diverse audiences.
- Digital Marketing Mastery: Strong proficiency in leveraging digital marketing channels, with a focus on email marketing and social media. Experience in optimizing campaigns for engagement, conversion, and customer retention, backed by a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Adaptability and the ability to wear multiple hats while contributing to the overall marketing strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on creating a positive and results-driven work environment.
Additional Physical Job Requirements
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking & standing are required occasionally.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $136,000 - $170,000
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Travel: Yes- Required up to 15% of the time
Location Requirement: Employment at Alto is limited to individuals residing in the following states: Washington, California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, and New York.
Benefits: Full-time: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.