People Operations Generalist (Remote)
People & HR, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Athennian increases trust in business. Our products help legal, finance, and tax teams be transaction and audit-ready by organizing business entity and corporate structure information. Over 370,000 business entities in almost every country are managed on Athennian to automate workflows for ownership, company secretarial, governance, tax, and compliance.
Athennian is on the lookout for an extraordinary People Operations Generalist who has a solid HR toolkit and the adaptability to tackle whatever comes their way. You'll be a strategic partner to the Senior Director of People, blending thoughtful planning with active involvement in our operations. Your role is crucial in driving strategic decisions that foster a high-performance culture within our remote team while being hands-on with the day-to-day tasks that keep our operations flowing.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of People to develop and execute innovative People strategies aligned with the company’s goals and culture.
- Support the recruitment cycle to ensure a smooth, inclusive, and efficient hiring experience, collaborating with hiring managers to attract top-tier talent through well-designed interview processes and positive candidate experiences.
- Drive the employee performance review process, ensuring that actionable feedback and opportunities for professional advancement are identified to cultivate a culture centered on high performance.
- Collaborate and provide recommendations on competitive compensation and benefits structures that attract and retain top talent.
- Champion a positive culture by initiating programs that enhance employee engagement, fulfillment, and wellness.
- Facilitate learning and development initiatives, aligning them with the organization's objectives to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide hands-on support for day-to-day HR tasks and resolve complex employee relations issues with a thoughtful and fair approach.
- Ensure HR practices comply with regulatory standards and best practices.
- Proven experience in People & Culture or HR Generalist roles, preferably in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
- In-depth knowledge of HR functions and industry best practices.
- A proactive approach to leveraging technology and simplification for improved processes.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for effective engagement across the company.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a knack for prioritizing in a fast-moving environment.
- A problem-solving mindset, adept at managing uncertainty and changes.
- Knowledgeable in popular HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) for small to mid-sized companies.
- A strong advocate for employee well-being, committed to inclusivity, diversity, and a team-oriented culture.
What We Provide
High growth and learning environment where you can take ownership of all aspects of product management and grow your career via key contributions at the right time. An opportunity to make a significant impact in the industry through bringing disruptive products to market. Competitive compensation package. Flexible work environment with hybrid of in-office and remote work.
We have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in Canada. While some roles may require proximity to our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices, roles based outside our office locations can be remote in Canada. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in Canada. #LI-Remote
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry. Our team members thrive when they’re passionate about what they do. We strive to create an engaging environment with challenging tasks, foster meaningful relationships with colleagues, and encourage each other to become the best we can be. Whether you want to customize your workspace, share your latest hobby with the team, or broaden your horizons with a specific project, we have a wealth of opportunities to keep you growing and learning. We’re here to help you become the best version of yourself, all while having fun and connecting with coworkers.
Diligent Builder: Ability to design and build scalable systems
Focused Creative: Strategic mind with a solution first attitude and uses data to navigate the next steps
Ambitious Learner: Eager to take on new challenges and present innovative solutions
Champion Mindset: We set ambitious goals and hustle to make them happen
Benefits at Athennian
We offer competitive benefits and perks because we believe that happy people produce great results. We are always adding to this list based on employee feedback: generous vacation/sick/flex days, remote work options, flexible working hours, health/dental/vision/group life/gRRSP/LTD/AD&D/EFAP benefits , high growth environment, team-building, day-to-day variety (never a dull moment), MacBook for all employees, stock options, and a culture of transparency.