Sr. Staff iOS Engineer
At Realtor.com®, we have among the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Join us and help change the world of real estate, one home at a time.
Sr. Staff iOS Engineer at Realtor.com (View all jobs)
Location: Austin, TX
We are looking for a Sr. Staff iOS Engineer who would like to make a difference in the products they develop. If you are passionate about building native experiences, designing architectures that scale, writing code with quality in mind and you thrive by collaborating with cross functional teams, you’ll be right at home with us.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team to contribute and lead each step of the product development process: from ideation to release; rapidly prototyping, experimenting and delivering solutions that can scale to support millions of users.
- Anticipates business needs, to propose and lead innovative solutions across the organization, working cross functionally with other organizations.
- Set principles, define and evolve the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing experiences using clean architecture principles.
- Connects business and consumer problems to proposed technical solutions. Advocates for delivering high quality, resilient and fault tolerant. products to consumers.
- Drives a stable and scalable architecture using modern patterns to deliver a first-class mobile product.
- Mentors and actively seeks to level up their teammates.
- Build with testing best practices to enable us to iterate quickly.
How we work:
We balance creativity and innovation on a foundation of in-person collaboration. For most roles, our employees work three or more days in our offices, where they have the opportunity to collaborate in-person, adding richness to our culture and knitting us closer together.
What you'll bring:
- +10 years of experience as a software engineer in the tech industry building products at scale.
- +6 years of experience developing native mobile applications and working within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in programming skills and up-to-date knowledge of Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Core expertise in areas of the iOS SDK and deep understanding of UIKit.
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects.
- A driven mobile software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with cross functional teams in different organizations to discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations.
Nice to have:
- Experience of building with Redux or other unidirectional state management paradigms.
- Experience with Combine or other Rx frameworks.
- Previous experience with SwiftUI.
- Interest in or experience with functional programming concepts.
Do the best work of your life at Realtor.com
Building your career? Build it better at Realtor.com®. Here, you’ll partner with a diverse team of experts as you use leading-edge tech to empower everyone to meet a crucial goal: finding their way home. And you’ll find your way home too. People are our foundation—the core that drives us passionately forward. At Realtor.com, you’ll bring your full self to work as you innovate with speed, serve our consumers, and champion your teammates. In return we’ll provide you with a warm, welcoming, and inclusive culture; intellectual challenges; and the development opportunities you need to grow.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.