Manager - R&D
Product engineering Leader usually have both a technical and a strategic role. The strategic aspect includes setting goals for the team, hiring engineers and prioritizing projects. The technical aspect is about getting actively involved in developing new architecture, products, identifying requirements and setting timelines.
1. Develop, maintain, and communicate the vision for the platform and products in Product Design. Including roadmaps and strategies to integrate related products into the new core product platform, interface, and packaging.
2. Key strategic lead in the development of Engineering Workbench and business model to commercialize tool sets.
3. Strong proficiency in architecting and designing highly scalable, available, secure and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
4. Strong proficiency in building resilient and cloud ready solutions based on Micro Services, Multi-tenancy architecture.
5. Proficiency in working closely with clients, product owners, enterprise architects and business analysts to understand functional and non-functional requirements and convert into technical solutions.
6. Ability to guide the team of developers for development best practices, architecture patterns.
- 12 years of experience in software architecture and design, with a focus on distributed systems
- Strong hands-on experience with Python/PySpark services and cloud architecture such as AWS.
- Experience with PostgreSQL/Snowflake database design and optimization
- Define Data Architecture and create a Data model for relational and columnar databases
- Create high-level and low-level architecture designs that are scalable, resilient, and secure
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that the designs are implemented correctly and meet the required standards
- Hands-on coding and implementation of the designs, ensuring the code is of high quality and adheres to best practices
- Knowledge of Web Services/SOA & Metadata APIs
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with high-level and low-level design documentation
- Work with product management to determine business, functional, and technical requirements.