LED Controls Engineer
Brightcore Energy provides end-to-end energy efficiency and clean energy measures to commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We have the intellectual and financial capital to develop, implement, fund, and maintain clean energy solutions. Our diverse solutions range from lighting and other energy efficiencies to renewable energy solutions such as solar, battery storage and geothermal. Brightcore Energy provides our clients with immediate cost savings and revenue potential without the need for any capital investment. We are about Building Energy Performance.
The LED Project Controls Engineer is responsible for administrative project management tasks across the company’s lighting project portfolio. The LED Project Controls Engineer plays a role in shaping company-wide lighting recommendations and standard practices by creating and implementing project-specific decisions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Develop project plans and schedules for LED lighting projects, including milestones and deliverables.
- Apply electrical engineering principles to design, analyze, and troubleshoot LED lighting systems.
- Evaluate lighting and controls design for compliance with NYC local laws and regulations.
- LL84, LL88, LL97, NYCECC 2020 S. C405, ASHRAE 90.1
- Design of integrated lighting control systems consisting of product selection, design of basic diagrams, development of specifications and contract documents.
- Monitor project progress, track key performance indicators, and adjust plans as needed to meet project goals.
- Understand the construction process and possess the ability to read and understand blueprint plans.
- Collect and analyze project data to evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with members of the organization to support aspects of the project that require specialized knowledge or permissions.
- Utilize knowledge of LED technology to design and optimize lighting solutions.
- Select appropriate LED components and lighting controls to meet project specifications.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical.
- Proven experience in project management, with a focus on LED lighting projects.
- Capabilities in AutoCAD and lighting controls systems.
- Familiarity with lighting control systems such as
- nLight Air
- LightCloud Blue
- Strong knowledge of LED technology, lighting controls, and electrical systems.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Expected Hours of Work:
An Employee must work a minimum of thirty (30) hours each week to maintain full-time status for benefits purposes, however the expectations of the position will require an average of forty (40) hours with overtime required as scheduled. The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining an employee’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, and internal equity). Brightcore also offers a comprehensive set of benefits to compliment the base salary. The base salary hiring range for this position is $75,000-$88,000.
- Travel Required up to 50%.
- Office setting and work site setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace:
Brightcore Energy is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol. All Brightcore Energy positions require a pre-employment background check that includes prior employment verifications, a criminal history check, and a pre-employment drug screen.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Brightcore Energy is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Brightcore Energy to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Office/Remote Work Guidelines:
Recognizing the success of remote work, Brightcore operates in a hybrid model. Eligible employees will have the option to work remotely for two (2) days per week at their discretion, with final approval by their direct supervisor. This policy is subject to change at Brightcore's discretion.
Brightcore Health Benefits Overview:
Brightcore offers a full slate of medical, dental, and vision benefits including options to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Brightcore currently offers both traditional and Roth 401k plans with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 3% of contributions and $0.50 on the next 2% for a total potential match of 4% annually.
Other Benefits & Perks:
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Financial Wellness Benefits
- Benefit Concierge Program through Health Advocate
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- Disability, Life, & AD&D Benefits
- Access to Marketplace for Discounted Goods & Services
Brightcore Energy is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives.
Brightcore Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Brightcore Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all aspects of employment, including job assignment and compensation.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This job description provides a general overview of the expectations and basic duties of the job and is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. Brightcore Energy will assign additional duties and tasks that it deems necessary to meet the requirements of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.