Senior Information Technology Technician
Canela Media is the fastest-growing Latina-founded media and entertainment company in the United States and Latin America with OTT properties including Canela.TV, Canela Music and Canela Kids. The company is a true start-up, founded in 2019 and backed by the most reputable investment groups in the world.
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician to play a key role within our organization, responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Enterprise and Corporate Technology primarily in our Mexico City office. This position involves strategic planning, team management, and ensuring the effective operation of IT systems to support the organization's goals and objectives.
Strategic Planning: Assist in the development and implementations of the IT strategy aligned with the organization's objectives. Identify and recommend technology investments to improve efficiency and competitiveness. Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies.
Team Leadership and Management: This role will serve as the point of contact, representing the CTO’s office, for all Enterprise and Corporate technology programs and responsibilities. Outstanding partnership, communication, organization, and relationship skills are required. Metrics tracking, budget awareness, and risk and opportunity identification are also essential.
Budget and Resource Management: Assist the CTO and other stakeholders across Canela to develop and manage the IT department budget. Allocate resources efficiently to meet project and operational needs. Monitor expenses and identify cost-saving opportunities. Assist with the annual budget planning process, tracking, and ensure cost effectiveness.
Security and Compliance: Establish and enforce IT security policies, procedures, and protocols. Ensure compliance with industry regulations and data protection laws. Lead security assessments and audits. Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures. Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
Vendor Relations: Manage relationships with external technology vendors and service providers as required and assigned. Assist, and where appropriate, lead the negotiation of contracts and agreements for IT products and services. Evaluate vendor performance and make recommendations for improvements.
Project Management: Oversee IT projects from initiation to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget. Collaborate with stakeholders to define project scope and objectives.
IT Infrastructure Management: Oversee the maintenance, configuration, and security of all IT systems, including servers, networks, and software applications. Ensure high availability and reliability of IT infrastructure. Assist the CTO, and other stakeholders, to implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
End-User Support: Provide leadership for the IT helpdesk in the Mexico City office and other locations as directed, ensuring timely and effective user support. Resolve escalated technical issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time. Manage information technology and computer systems. Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations. Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English and Spanish.
- Proven experience in IT systems, infrastructure, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Analytical and goal-oriented
- Proven experience in strategic planning and budget management.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., ITIL, PMP, CISSP) are a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and operating systems, hardware, and applications / software, and corporate / workplace technology including but not limited to: wireless technology, printers, TVs, connected devices, conference room technology, laptops and desktops.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
Nice to Have
- Broadcast TV technology and control rooms
- Telecommunications experience in a TV Broadcast facility