Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional/RSD
Victoria, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Under the general supervision of the Area Director, the Residential Services Director is responsible for ensuring the provision of quality and appropriate services to the consumers who receive residential services. In all their endeavors, shall promote the agency mission statement to maximize the quality of life experiences for our consumers; inspire the confidence of the families of our consumers, provide growth opportunities and economic stability for all Caregiver staff and participate in shaping local, state and national policies affecting people with disabilities.
Caregiver is a leading Texas-based provider of services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) that supports clients with the design, delivery, and management or personalized treatment plans in order to help them lead their best lives. We are looking for Residential Services Director to join our team!
FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver, Inc. Company is committed to a common goal – creating a world-class experience for our individuals. We are passionate about what we do while making a difference. We work with integrity, accountability, transparency, and compassion in everything we do because we understand those, we serve have a choice in providers. Our company provides care to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that social services are provided in accordance with the standards established by various local, state and federal regulatory organizations, including carrying a personal caseload of service recipients.
- Responsible for administration of personnel, including Direct Support Professionals, Home Coordinators, and family-based providers.
- Determines appropriate numbers of staff and implementing policies and procedures needed to maintain staff, assign coverage, minimize overtime hours, identify training needs and assuring that all staff meet competency requirements.
- Conduct time review and time approval; complete and submit payroll correction forms.
- Responsible for supervising the quality control program, visiting supported living homes and family-based providers to monitor effectiveness and compliance, conduct service recipient follow-up on medical issues, assessment recommendations, and Individual Support Plan implementation.
- Assists in crisis situations to prevent escalation.
- Responsible for preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements and ensure clients are properly signed in and out and that only authorized adults are allowed on site.
- Provides monthly oversight of individuals’ finances, including reconciliation of deposits and debits. Reports any signs of misappropriation, exploitation, or financial impropriety regarding individual funds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work or other related field required.
- Preferred a minimum of 1 year of management experience in a multi-site environment.
- Prefer exposure to developmental disabilities environment.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation
Knowledge and Skills
- Requires extensive mental activities including the ability to: use educated and intuitive judgement, advise, counsel, influence, debate, negotiate, organize, plan and synthesize concepts.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Must be able to make wise decisions under stressful circumstances.
- Requires exceptional coaching and mentoring skills to improve employee development.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel. Equipment skills required: using a PC, calculator, copier, fax machine, scanner.
Why join Caregiver?
Our mission is to enable people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead their unique lives with dignity, independence, and inclusion. We are committed to creating a world-class experience for the individuals we serve.
Inspired by the company’s founders more than 30 years ago, we work hard to keep that “family feel” across each of our locations. We want to be your home away from home.
Professional Growth Opportunities
95% of our organizational leaders started as direct care professionals. By taking a proactive approach in our employee’s growth and professional development, we mitigate employee turnover, increase employee satisfaction, and drive productivity.
- FREE virtual doctor visits and prescription DISCOUNT card for ALL employees AND family, save hundreds per visit!
- NO CREDIT CHECK bank accounts to all employees with cash advance opportunities.
- $10,000 in tuition reimbursement annually for full-time eligible employees.
- $10,000 in life insurance for all employees at no cost.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance
For more information on our organization, please visit our website https://cg-idd.com/
Keywords: Office Manager, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Caregiver, Caretaker, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, Long-term Care, LTC, Home Health, Nurse Aide, Nurse Assistant, CNA, Home Health Aide, HHA