About the role
Applies sophisticated skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Applies several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
What you’ll do
- Aligns with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes' maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to finish the tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
What you’ll need
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Universal CFC certification preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to tackle practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level
Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times
Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
A culture of respect, integrity, service and excellence crafts our approach to every opportunity!
We are guided by the needs of the cities we inhabit, the communities we build and the world we thrive in!
- Benefits start 1st of the month: Medical, dental vision, PTO, 401k, etc.
- Internal advancement available after 6 month mark
- 40-45 hours a week
- Competitive Pay
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.