Client Development Leader
- Lead, Collaborate and Support new business development opportunities for new or expanded relationships.
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities and develop strategies to create sales cycles, either as the lead or partner
- Effectively collaborate with CBRE channel agents to drive insights, knowledge and actionable ideas that will assist in developing new sales cycles, creating progress on existing cycles and moving prospects through the sales continuum.
- Build and lead a client development function to ensure that brokers, market leaders, and executives have the strategic and tactical insights and support needed to win key opportunities.
- Lead from the front with creative solutions, campaigns, and engagement tools to drive and support top priority CBRE business development opportunities and initiatives.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the firm to deliver significant and sustainable results in new and expanding client relationships.
- Identify both best practices and roadblocks to client development excellence, and generate actionable recommendations using problem solving frameworks, analyses, and critical thinking.
- Share client development best practices, including pursuit-related content, across the organization.
- Partner and Collaborate with A&T Client Solutions from the outset of identified sales opportunities to ensure align, communication and opportunity validation.
- Monitor pursuit effectiveness through a debrief protocol and ensure lessons learned are disseminated and integrated into the pursuits process.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Events, and Strategic Initiatives teams (and others as relevant) to execute select initiatives (e.g., CoreNet, CBRE Institute, etc.).
- Utilize Salesforce/CRM for communication and tool of record for all client development activities.
- Other duties may be assigned based on the company’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other relevant advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in business development, new client acquisition, strategic planning, and cross-functional leadership, with at least some experience in a professional services firm environment. Backgrounds in management consulting and/or B2B business development preferred.
- Strong executive presence, ability to work closely with executive-level team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to work with data sets and to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization at all levels and functions and to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven ability to use influence to drive results, independently, as part of a team, and as a team leader, in a fast-paced environment with limited direct authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex problems and recommended solutions.
- Experience in commercial real estate is a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong leader of teams to drive desired results.
- Positive, proactive individual who takes initiative and follows through on projects/responsibilities.
- Quick learner and highly motivated self-starter who can work with limited guidance, if needed.
- Confident, compelling communicator with developed presentation skills.
- Strong sense of integrity with the ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.