Staff Product Designer, Growth
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our Growth team and work with us to achieve our ambitious goals from customer acquisition to conversion and becoming happy customers. Our growth strategy is based on a self-serve, product-led approach, and this role is an essential part of it. We’re a team that values ownership and initiative and we want your ideas and drive to make an impact.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com
What you’ll do
- Embed with the Growth team; help define the roadmap, vision, and lead design work.
- Own the design work for funnel optimization, NUX, and personalization for guided flows.
- Design growth systems, experiments, and new product features, translating quantitative and qualitative insights into testable ideas.
- Champion designs that deliver a seamless, easy, delightful experience for our SMB users.
- Facilitate workshops that help you and your team develop winning ideas.
- Distill complex information into simple and beautiful user experiences, from brainstorming to delivering high-fidelity designs.
- Build strong relationships with interdisciplinary teams to conceptualize, build, and ship user-friendly and business-driven products.
- Participate in UX research, both with and without a UX Researcher, apply insights to designs, represent the voice of the customer, and be an advocate for users.
- Be a strong voice in sharing ideas, managing feedback from stakeholders, challenging assumptions, and bringing best practices to the team.
Who you are
- Your portfolio showcases high-quality work directly impacting project success
- You have 7+ years of professional design experience, including 4 years on Growth teams or in ecommerce and merchandising, where your work has been key to driving gains in conversion, basket price and product adoption.
- You've excelled on onboarding & merchandising surfaces and are comfortable with iterative experimentation like A/B testing. You also know when to lobby for a broader strategic approach
- You love uncovering insights firsthand and you’re comfortable with identifying and conducting UX research and testing independently. You’re innately curious and always looking to get to the heart of a problem
- You excel in complexity and fast-paced environments and are passionate about balancing craft, critical thinking, and business needs to deliver a holistic user experience.
- You’re focused on psychology and why people behave the way they do. Experience with behavioral science is a plus!
- Always connecting your work to the bigger picture, you can describe high-level team goals and align projects accordingly. You skillfully use design explorations, research, documentation, and presentations to rally the team and communicate with leadership.
- You have a deep understanding of best practices and contemporary design patterns.
- Nice to have: Experience with B2B companies focusing on SMBs
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base range for this role is $178,585 to $241,615 in San Francisco, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.