Repair Tech - Commission + Free Ski Pass + Rentals
About Christy Sports:
At Christy Sports, we help people step outside. Outside the predictable and expected walls of their comfort zone, and into a never-ending journey. We were founded in Colorado in 1958, but we’ve been chasing adventure for much longer. Skiing and snowboarding aren’t just a job for us, it’s a lifestyle. No matter your level, we strive to give you the best experience possible and invite you to step outside with us.
Share the stoke for the Christy Sports Values.
Exceptional Experience – Going above and beyond to ensure we create and exceptional personal experience. We contribute to this through listening, learning, compassion, and continuous improvement.
Live the Passion – We love what we do! Our passion for the outdoors inspires us to work hard to help everyone create their own stoke.
Our Strong Foundation – staying true to our collective history of local family shops, our relationships, integrity, and culture built through the years, sets us apart.
Be Good Humans – Strive to create positive impacts on the people, communities, and environment around us.
Fresh Tracks – Transforming outdoor customer service and experience by boldly re-envisioning our future.
Summary Description: This position is responsible for exceptional ski and snowboard tuning and repair to ensure the best-in-class guest service for which Christy Sports is known.
- Assists customers by developing confidence and trust from the guest through accurate information and exceptional service results
- Accurately identify when a ski or snowboard requires a tune, and be able to recommend the type of service that best meets the needs of the guest and their equipment
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all product and service levels and industry trends
- Sharpen, wax and drill equipment as necessary
- Ensure that pricing is correct and current with any promotions advertised
- Maintain shop cleanliness standards
- Operate at the highest standards of safety
- Monitor inventory
- Maintain working knowledge of products and trends within the snowsport industry
- Demonstrate the desire to succeed and grow within the company
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ski and/or ride background
- Minimum of 1-year ski and/or snowboard tuning and repair experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be self-motivated and can multi-task
- Experienced with POS systems preferred
- English fluency, written and verbal
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
The Perks and Benefits: ( * Benefits for Year Round Full-Time Employees)
- Free Employee Ski Pass
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D*
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)*
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off*
- Paid Sick Time (State applicable)
- Paid Parental Leave*
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability*
- Employee Discounts (ski, retail, outdoor industry)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Christy Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. (Request help with heavy or awkward boxes/products). Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.