Onboarding Assistant, Employee Health and Safety (Temp, Part Time)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will be highly administrative, and be accountable for the coordination, support, communications, and work plans for Cityblock’s employee health & safety. This role is part-time (20 hours per week) and temporary for 3 months (Jan - Mar).
In this role, the Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Awareness and understanding of various vaccines such as COVID, Hepatitis B, MMR, etc)
- Coordinate, track and ensure medical clearance compliance of all new hires staying within restrictive time frames.
- Review lab results and vaccine documentations for requirement fulfillment and completeness.
- Create charts for newly hired employees in the electronic medical records system and upload vaccines documents (Covid cards).
- Maintain up to date electronic tracking for vaccination status, employee attestations, accommodations and associated documentation
- Develop and coordinate communications for the Employe Health & Safety department Design and present visually appealing and informative presentations
- Support People team on associated personnel policies related to medical clearance requirements and COVID vaccine compliance.
- Escalate issues to leadership where warranted
- Create and populate status report weekly, including weekly metrics and reporting where managed
- Work cross-functionally with data teams, occupational team to organize structured meetings/report outs/email threads/market communications
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field required, Master’s degree preferred (MPH, MBA, MPA, or nursing).
- 3-5 years relevant work experience with organizations on health & safety and risk management, culture, and/or compliance
- Able to support complicated processes within a healthcare environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, with guidance and direction.
- Ability to be adaptable, deal with ambiguity, and flexible to changing situations, able to think outside the box, and to identify and respond rapidly to occupational health issues
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, graphical)
- Strong collaboration skills across all work groups.
- Able to design visually appealing and informative presentations
- Highly Proficient with Google Suite and spreadsheets
- Able to perform data analysis Comfort with multiple communication and documentation platforms (slack, email, etc)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for sick leave. The expected hourly salary range for this position is $27 to $30. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.