PCGS Receiver - AM Shift (Temp To Hire / Contract)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Receiver (Temp-To-Hire/Contract) to join our PCGS division’s Receiving team. You will be responsible for unboxing and sorting incoming packages containing customers’ coin submissions and for supporting the Receiving Supervisor by organizing, separating, and prioritizing mail by marked service level. You will verify that all data is accurate in the database based on the corresponding customer submission and paperwork. You should have basic computer skills, good problem-solving skills, possess the desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will report to the Receiving Supervisor and work onsite at our Santa Ana, CA headquarters full-time Monday-Friday working a PM Shift schedule (Shift 1) from 7:00am-3:30pm.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Receiving Supervisor by organizing mail and separating mail by marked service level
- Open, count and verify customers’ mail-in submissions
- Verify service type with payment and verify its eligibility
Who You Are
- You have good problem-solving skills and can identify and resolve problem orders in a timely manner
- You possess basic computer skills
- You have good hand-eye coordination and are comfortable with physical labor (working with your hands and/or occasionally on your hands and knees).
- You communicate well verbally, have the ability to read and comprehend instructions, invoices, and correspondence, and have the ability to write correspondence when needed.
- You are a team player who is willing and able to work well with others.
- You are able to follow policies and procedures, use common sense, and apply good judgment to complete your tasks accurately and on time.
- You are able to prioritize your workload and understand what tasks need to be done first.
- You are professional in your behavior, interact respectfully with coworkers, and work well under pressure in fast-paced environments.
- You produce high quality, accurate work and demonstrate thoroughness in your work.
- You are dependable and able to follow instructions and respond to directions from your supervisor(s).
- Bending neck
- Bending waist
- Twisting neck
- Twisting waist
- Hand Use
- Sitting at a computer potentially for long periods of time
- Regularly lifting up to 25+ pounds
- Occasionally lifting up to 75+ pounds, with employee help, or with proper equipment
- Speak and comprehend
- The work environment may be hectic due to the duties performed in this area. It is, however, typically well managed
- Receivers clean up after themselves on a daily basis. Vacuuming is required.
- Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate
Hourly Rate: The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $17. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars. PSA is a division of Collectors. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
U.S. residents: for disclosures relating to personal information we collect during the employment application and recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice for U.S. Applicants.
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.