Senior Software Engineer - Stream
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Why You'll Love This Role
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Cribl, you will help set the technical direction for Stream by working closely with an existing team of awesome engineers and product managers to help identify, design, develop, and deliver products that delight our customers. Additionally, you will be empowered to influence our internal tools, technologies, and processes as we continue to grow. This role is equal parts research and development. If you enjoy the challenges of building scalable, robust, and high performing distributed systems which process large data sets in real time, this position may be right for you. In this role, you will join a team of skilled engineers committed to shipping the highest quality software and ensuring our customers’ satisfaction. This is a fully remote role and Cribl is a remote first company. Our culture embraces the diversity of team members spread all across the globe.
As An Active Member Of This Team, You Will
- Provide technical direction for products, projects, and features with emphasis on back end systems and APIs responsible for ingesting, processing, and routing data
- Contribute to architecture discussions and design reviews with others on your team
- Partner with a cross functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers to translate feature specifications into product designs and implementable code
- Design, develop, test, and maintain clear, concise, and robust code that produces the desired outcomes for our customers
- Ensure product features are working as expected by creating robust test plans paired with comprehensive automated tests
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on the design and implementation of their code
- Evangelize our innovation and engage our users by contributing to internal and external blogs related to the products that you help develop
If You've got it - We Want it
- 7+ years of backend software development experience
- Demonstrated experience building products that leverage large scale data sets
- Enjoy learning new technologies and ability to develop prototypes quickly
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience with using and developing REST APIs
- Experience with Agile processes and rapid iterative development
- Strong sense of ownership with focus on high quality and high performing deliverable
- Experience developing services for cloud based platforms
- Open source contribution
- Working knowledge of Docker and k8s
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
Salary Range ($123,500 - $238,700)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.