Medical Assistant (weekends)
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Our mission at Curai is to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all. We are fulfilling this audacious mission by building a virtual-first primary care service. Blending high-touch clinical care augmented with artificial intelligence, we are building a scalable primary care model that provides patients with quality care anytime, anywhere, from their mobile phones at a very affordable price.
Our company is remote-first. We will consider any candidates who are certified U.S. Medical Assistants. We are looking for an outgoing self-starter who can coordinate cross-functionally, work with colleagues, and optimize patient workflows to help our physicians and nurse practitioners be more efficient, effective, and improve the quality of care on our platform. This role is from 7am to 3:30pm Pacific time Friday through Tuesday.
Who You Are
None of these individually are hard requirements, but they do describe the type of folks that we think would be most effective and happy at Curai.
• Have worked remotely before or have a strong feeling that you'd work well with a 100% remote team spread across multiple time zones
• Value a team-based collaborative approach as it relates to providing healthcare
• Passionate about providing empathetic personalized patient care at scale
• Have informed opinions that you hold lightly but are flexible to meet the needs of patients and the business
• Understand what a startup is, that flexibility is key and change is inevitable
• Available to work Saturday and Sunday as part of your workweek
What You'll Do
A day in the life of a Curai Medical Assistant is spent doing things like:
• Participate in all clinic efforts to achieve benchmarks set for the excellence of care
• Demonstrate consistent excellent customer service
• Safeguard the privacy and protected health information of patients
• Handle pharmacy calls and coordination, faxes, conducting follow-ups, and complete referrals
• Care coordination: Coordinate sourcing of medical and integrative medicine specialists (nutritionists, physical therapists, behavioral health specialists, fitness facilities/ resources)
• Follow up with patients to assist in finding referral resources by zip code/ city closest to the patient
• Facilitate appointment scheduling with specialists
• Send out patient dietary and fitness plans
• Follow up with patients to ensure that labs have been done
• Create and send patient work notes as coordinated by providers
• Provide general medical information and patient education
• Ensure and document that appropriate education/fact sheets are provided to patients
What You'll Need
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below, are excited about the opportunity, and are willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you. You should have:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
• Certification as a medical assistant
• Minimum two years of customer service or related experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to perform work accurately with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet maintain team-level participation
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
• Data-driven, decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
• Comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a constantly changing work environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to add to our already strong culture of candor with empathy
• Digital savviness and use of computers, excellent typing skills, excellent grammatical construction, and excellent command of English.
• Prior telemedicine experience and/or start-up experience in healthcare is a plus.
• Proficiency in English. Spanish fluency is an added plus.
• Belief in AI/software as a tool to fundamentally leverage clinicians' time (10x clinicians reach)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure a meaningful and professional patient experience.
Salary is dependent on a scale based on years of experience and work location. Our annual full-time base range is $18/hr to $23/hr with a 15% hourly differential for working weekends. Stock grants are also available for full-time employees, increasing the overall compensation package.
What We Offer
Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to embodying our values, collaborating closely, and driving performance
Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours, and remote working options
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and paid parental leave
Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.