Manager, Field Engineering (Specialist)
The Specialist Solutions Architect Manager will lead a team of Specialist Solutions Architects (SSAs) responsible for key elements of the technical sales cycle. You will grow and develop a dynamic team with expertise in areas including cloud infrastructure, data engineering, data warehousing and data science / machine learning who will continue to deepen their knowledge of Databricks as the platform expands. You will guide and get involved to enhance your team's effectiveness; be an expert at communicating complex, business value-focused solutions; support complex sales cycles and customer architectures, and build relationships with key stakeholders in large corporations.
The SSA Team is engaged in our most important and complex customer engagements, providing deep technical expertise to both our new and existing customers. Your team provides specialist expertise to the Solution Architect (SA) and Sales teams who are responsible for developing and overseeing the overall technical account strategy. Reporting to the Director, Field Engineering.
The impact you will have:
- You will hire, train, and grow a diverse team of Specialist Solutions Architects for Databricks, a company in hyper-growth mode
- Exceed our region's consumption targets - by working with your cross-functional counterparts to determine where to deploy our team of technical experts to drive the most critical use cases forward
- Make our customers extremely successful with Databricks and provide outsized value to their businesses
- Establish relationships across the business to make your customers and team successful
- Create positive morale for the team and help foster a working relationship between Field Engineering, Sales, and other important internal partners
- Help resolve customer questions and concerns on accounts and opportunities deemed strategic by Sales and Pre-sales field leadership
- Act in a supportive manager capacity, including handling escalations, mentoring team members, building a career path for the assigned team members.
What we look for:
- Experience in senior roles in the data space with a technical product (i.e. data warehousing, big data, or machine learning)
- Experience leading specialist customer technical customer-facing in a pre-sales organisation
- Experience in implementing operational excellence , creating dashboards and reports on ROI, utilization and deriving action from them
- Trusted advisor to technical executives that guide strategic data infrastructure decisions
- Lead a team through best practices for technical qualification, proof of concepts, architecture discussions, and product demonstrations
- Experience hiring qualified candidates, ramping them up to be successful, and promoting into larger roles.
- Experience working with other teams such as Sales, Product Management, and Professional Services
- Experience driving software platform adoption in Fortune 500 organisations across different industries
- Private medical insurance
- Life, accident & disability insurance
- Pension Plan
- Vision Reimbursement
- Equity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.