Come join Deepwatch’s team of world-class cybersecurity professionals and the brightest minds in the industry. If you're ready to challenge yourself with work that matters, then this is the place for you. We're redefining cybersecurity as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. – and we have a blast doing it!
Who We Are
Deepwatch is the leader in managed security services, protecting organizations from ever-increasing cyber threats 24/7/365. Powered by Deepwatch’s cloud-based security operations platform, Deepwatch provides the industry’s fastest, most comprehensive detection and automated response to cyber threats together with tailored guidance from dedicated experts to mitigate risk and measurably improve security posture. Hundreds of organizations, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized enterprises, trust Deepwatch to protect their business.
Our core values drive everything we do at Deepwatch, including our approach to tackling tough cyber challenges. We seek out tenacious individuals who are passionate about solving complex problems and protecting our customers. At Deepwatch, every decision, process, and hire is made with a focus on improving our cybersecurity solutions and delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. By embracing our values, we create a culture of excellence that is dedicated to empowering our team members to explore their potential, expand their skill sets, and achieve their career aspirations, which is supported by our unique annual professional development benefit.
Deepwatch recognition includes:
- 2023, 2022 and 2021 Great Place to Work® Certified
- 2023 and 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
- 2023 and 2022 Fortress Cybersecurity Award
- 2023 $180M Series C investment from Springcoast Capital Partners, Splunk Ventures, and Vista Credit Partners of Vista Equity Partners
- 2022 Cigna Healthy Workforce Silver Designation
- 2022 Cybersecurity Excellence Award for MDR
Reporting to an Engineering manager, this full-stack, mission-driven Developer will join the Deepwatch Research and Development team and contribute to the planning, design, development, and maintenance of a customer-facing web portal. You will contribute to our product mission to help our customers understand their existing cybersecurity landscape and opportunities for improvements to defend against malicious attacks. As a full-stack developer, you will be building a secure and high-performance API-driven customer portal.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with lead/senior developers to develop product features, including but not limited to building out new React components, writing new GraphQL mutations and queries, and writing database queries through ORM.
- With the guidance of senior developers, write highly reusable code along with associated unit testing and end-to-end testing and contribute to software architecture design.
- Learn and advance your career in a fast-changing industry, leveraging the company’s unique professional development benefits and matching policies to support our growth.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Possess the ability to build out React components from scratch, based on the provided designs. This includes familiarity with CSS layout models such as Flexbox and/or Grid.
- Possess a solid understanding of object-oriented programming and knowledge building out either REST or GraphQL APIs with automated unit testing.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of SQL; feel comfortable using SQL to write aggregate queries and perform outer joins without googling for examples or explanations.
- Have a good understanding of what ORM is and what it does.
- Possess familiarity with version control systems, such as git
- Possess working experience with cloud computing and technologies
- Be willing to learn and adapt to best practices to write a secure software
- Possess familiarity with agile development processes and test-driven development.
- Be self-driven, hold yourself accountable for outcomes, and manage your own time working in a flexible and remote-first environment
- Communicate openly with the product development team to ensure the best idea wins
- Keep an open mind to receive and implement security advice from our internal security experts to make the software secure
- Win as a team and lose as a team, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Be willing and able to travel for internal gatherings and team-building events on an (at-most) quarterly basis
This position will have access to customer data and as such is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Upon application, candidates will be asked to confirm that they are a U.S. Person as defined by the following:
- A citizen of the U.S.;
- A lawful permanent resident of the United States;
- A person admitted to the United States as a refugee; or
- A person that has been granted asylum by the United States government.
The intent of this requirement is not to verify employment eligibility overall, but to ensure compliance with import/export regulations. If you do not meet these requirements, we encourage you to apply for other open roles at Deepwatch. This information will be verified upon offer of employment.
Statutory Pay Disclosure:
For applicants in NYC, CO, CA, RI, and WA, the salary range for this role is $120,000 - $144,000 + stock options + benefits. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
What We Offer:
Deepwatch is excited to provide benefits designed to support team members and their families. Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off (FTO), 9 company holidays, sick leave and 8-Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Unique professional development benefits, starting at $3,000 annually
- Wellness contests and monthly educational programs
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Learn more here: Deepwatch Benefits
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you. Please review our DEI Statement here.
All Deepwatch employees are expected to:
- Be interested in and able to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.