QA Automation Engineer
Come join Deepwatch’s team of world-class cybersecurity professionals and the brightest minds in the industry. If you're ready to challenge yourself with work that matters, then this is the place for you. We're redefining cybersecurity as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. – and we have a blast doing it!
Who We Are
Deepwatch is the leader in managed security services, protecting organizations from ever-increasing cyber threats 24/7/365. Powered by Deepwatch’s cloud-based security operations platform, Deepwatch provides the industry’s fastest, most comprehensive detection and automated response to cyber threats together with tailored guidance from dedicated experts to mitigate risk and measurably improve security posture. Hundreds of organizations, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized enterprises, trust Deepwatch to protect their business.
Our core values drive everything we do at Deepwatch, including our approach to tackling tough cyber challenges. We seek out tenacious individuals who are passionate about solving complex problems and protecting our customers. At Deepwatch, every decision, process, and hire is made with a focus on improving our cybersecurity solutions and delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. By embracing our values, we create a culture of excellence that is dedicated to empowering our team members to explore their potential, expand their skill sets, and achieve their career aspirations, which is supported by our unique annual professional development benefit.
Deepwatch recognition includes:
- 2023, 2022 and 2021 Great Place to Work® Certified
- 2023 and 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
- 2023 and 2022 Fortress Cybersecurity Award
- 2023 $180M Series C investment from Springcoast Capital Partners, Splunk Ventures, and Vista Credit Partners of Vista Equity Partners
- 2022 Cigna Healthy Workforce Silver Designation
- 2022 Cybersecurity Excellence Award for MDR
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Engineering, the Quality Engineer will own the quality framework, tools, and execution for all assigned projects from conception through development, test, and production. The Quality Engineerwill integrate into Deepwatch CI/CD processes and tools and work to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, testing, and deploying impactful cyber security content and applications for our customers and internal delivery teams.
As a subject matter expert, the person in this role will be expected to provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues, non-technical team members and users to ensure that tests and releases are conducted in an appropriate manner.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Engage with developers, project and product management, and (if required) our customers to ensure correct products are produced in a timely fashion
- Evaluate the quality of project outputs against agreed service acceptance criteria
- Continually work towards making improvements in the test processes
- Assess and analyze release components
- Carry out the builds and tests and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Define testing benchmark standard (automated unit/integration, manual, SIT, UAT) and manage exceptions on a project by project basis
- Measure and monitor progress of Test activities to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Release and Test Reporting
- Lead Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Leverage scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, test and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in customer meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have experience with Test Automation - deployment, configuration, adoption
- Contribute to the improvement of service processes and customer satisfaction
- Leverage strong methods, techniques and tools for planning, organizing, resourcing, directing, coordinating and monitoring ongoing operational activities
- Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders and manage opposing requirements and views to a successful outcome
- Demonstrate experience with cybersecurity operations, frameworks and tools
- Test customer facing or production systems for consumption
- Possess experience in automating tests for frontend ui, backend systems, or mobile
- Utilize Git to CI/CD pipelines and version control systems
- Demonstrate exposure to Snyk, Codacy, Github, copilot
- Experience with Automation Frameworks -
Statutory Pay Disclosure:
For applicants in NYC, CO, CA, RI, and WA, the salary range for this role is $120,000 - $156,000 + stock options + benefits. Actual compensation may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
What We Offer:
Deepwatch is excited to provide benefits designed to support team members and their families. Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off (FTO), 9 company holidays, sick leave and 8-Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Unique professional development benefits, starting at $3,000 annually
- Wellness contests and monthly educational programs
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Learn more here: Deepwatch Benefits
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you. Please review our DEI Statement here.
All Deepwatch employees are expected to:
- Be interested in and able to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.