Accounting Assistant Professor, CPA
Accounting Assistant Professor, CPA
DeVry University strives to close our society’s opportunity gap by preparing learners to thrive in careers shaped by continuous technological change. Through innovative programs, relevant partnerships, and exceptional care, we empower students to meaningfully improve their lives, communities, and workplaces.
When you apply for a DeVry University career, you become part of an institution that dates back to 1931. Our colleagues are passionate about higher education and shaping the future of today’s learners.
Our mission as DeVry University faculty members is to facilitate dynamic learning environments that foster intellectual curiosity, academic integrity, and critical thinking skills, preparing our students to become lifelong learners and leaders in their chosen career fields and communities.
- DeVry University faculty are dedicated to their students and exhibit exceptional student CARE.
- DeVry University faculty are proficient in all learning modalities and fully embrace DeVry University's Academic Philosophy and Instructional Model.
- Our faculty are role models for our University TEACH values and foster a culture of CARE consistent with our University mission, vision, and purpose.
- Excellent delivery of courses (42 - 47 credit hours) across any/all modalities.
- Contribute to the University and one's professional development via the following activities:
- Engage in scholarly activity, including course development, assessment support, and keeping up to date in ones field of study.
- Advising and mentoring of students.
- Advising and mentoring of Visiting Professors.
- Engagement and support for group programs and initiatives.
Select a pathway for leadership to support the Teaching and Learning organization in one of the following capacities:
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Faculty Leadership and Development
- Student Excellence
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Terminal degree, graduate degree in Accounting required
- Active CPA required
- Active CMA preferred
- Three to five years of business, or industry experience appropriate to the course subject matter.
- Two to five years previous teaching experience preferred.
Qualifying credentials must be awarded by an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Administration, or by an international institution determined to hold equivalent accreditation
- Doctorate Degree in field being taught or Doctorate Degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in field being taught.
- All Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managing Diversity
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Understanding Others
- Conflict Management
- Motivating Others
- 401(k) and Roth Plan w/match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Health Advocacy Service
- Family and Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tax Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life, Accident, AD&D, Critical Illness Insurance
- Fertility Coverage
- Wellness Programs
- Volunteer Time Off
- Remote and Flex Work Options
- Technology Stipend
- Paid Tuition Program
- Auto/Homeowners, Pet and Legal Insurance
- Exclusive Discount Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Career Development Programs
- Mental Health Care Programs
- Family Care Services
- 2nd.MD, a virtual expert medical consultation service
- Job Family Academics - Faculty: Full Time Faculty
- Job Function Academics - Faculty
- Pay Type Salary