Senior Customer Success Manager
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
About Our AEC Customer Success Management Team
The AEC (Architecture/Engineering/Construction) CSM team at DroneDeploy is committed to developing mutual value partnerships with our customers that improve their operational processes and our product and service offerings. We are dedicated to the AEC industry and act as trusted advisors and advocates who help maximize the return on the investment our customers have made in our tools. The following are our team rules:
The customer comes first.
Be proactive and curious.
You own the account.
Ask for help. Share your wins and challenges.
Be transparent and honest.
Our team works closely with the Product Support, Professional Services, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management teams to ensure full coverage and clear feedback and messaging for our customers. We are focused on customer health, building long-term, trust-based relationships, where the outcome is revenue retention and expansion.
A critical position on DroneDeploy’s Go-To-Market team, the Customer Success Manager is the primary relationship owner and builder with key enterprise customers within the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry.
Customer Success Managers act as reality capture subject matter and product experts, trusted advisors, and customer advocates. Working closely to define and deliver value to our customer partners, our ideal candidate loves developing open and honest relationships. The number one goal here is ensuring DroneDeploy’s suite of solutions makes a measurable impact on our customers’ projects and businesses, leading to increased adoption, saturation, engagement and promotion. This role is for detail-oriented, strategic influencers who are committed to providing world-class products that are changing the industry and making work better for our customers!
Specific responsibilities include post-sale enablement, increasing adoption and usage, and ensuring high retention and account growth. A team effort, Customer Success Managers work closely with sales reps to manage renewals and drive expansion opportunities, the marketing team to create co-promotional plans, and product management as the voice of the customer to continually improve DroneDeploy’s industry leading platform.
If you are bright, dedicated, curious, empathetic, energetic, enthusiastic, addicted to details and like to have lots of fun, we’re looking for you!
- Drive DroneDeploy platform adoption, and ensure rapid time to value for our customers
- Work in tandem with your assigned sales counterpart(s) to highlight customer successes and grow subscription revenue
- Monitor activity and identify trends in customer base adoption and utilization to recognize revenue expansion opportunities, identify product champions, and assess potential churn risk
- Monitor and proactively guide customers accounts through the customer lifecycle, from basic product education to committed co-promotional partnership
- Become a trusted reality capture advisor and build relationships with product stakeholders and end-users across your account portfolio
- Act as the voice of the customer, advocating the customer’s point of view by providing detailed internal feedback to better serve our customers and improve their overall experience and outcomes
- Work closely with the Product team to align the customer base to our R&D initiatives
- Co-manage the renewals process with your sales counterpart(s) and accurately forecast renewals for revenue planning
- Impart strategic leadership and direction on all aspects of DroneDeploy products and services
- Monitor technical and other product issues to ensure speedy resolution
- 3+ years of experience in a B2B customer success, sales or account management role
- Proven track record of managing and growing enterprise customer relationships
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth B2B SaaS technology environment
- Experience supporting enterprise-level software
- Data-driven and strategic thinker with a consultant’s mindset and an ability to drive adoption
- Strong organizational, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Diligence in documenting all customer interactions in CRM and other tools
- Experience working with product support, sales, marketing, and product management teams
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time for on-site customer visits
- Able to work Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm local time
- This role requires a Part 107 license within the first 90-days of employment
Bonus Skills, Experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, and other similar SaaS products a plus
- Background in architecture, engineering or construction a plus
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.