Patient Care Data Entry Specialist
At Elara Caring, we have a unique opportunity to play a huge role in the growth of an entire home care industry. Here, each employee has the chance to make a real difference by carrying out our mission every day. Join our elite team of healthcare professionals, providing the Right Care, at the Right Time, in the Right Place.
Patient Care Data Entry Specialist
At Elara Caring, we care where you are and believe the best place for your care is where you live. We know there’s no place like home, and that’s why our teams continue to provide high-quality care to more than 60,000 patients each day in their preferred home setting. Wherever our patients call home and wherever they are on their health journey, we care. Each team member has a part to play in this mission. This means you have countless ways to make a difference as the Patient Care Data Entry Specialist. Being a part of something this great, starts by carrying out our mission every day through your true calling: developing an amazing team of compassionate and dedicated healthcare providers.
To continue to be an industry pioneer delivering unparalleled care, we need a Patient Care Data Entry Specialist with commitment and compassion. Are you one of them? If so, apply today!
Why Join the Elara Caring mission?
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Be rewarded with a unique opportunity to make a difference
- Competitive compensation package
- Tuition reimbursement for full-time staff and continuing education opportunities for all employees at no cost
- Opportunities for advancement
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(K) with employer match
- Paid time off, paid holidays, family, and pet bereavement
- Pet insurance
As the Patient Care Data Entry Specialist, you’ll contribute to our success in the following ways:
- Actively works across service lines for data entry on patients and communicates with appropriate internal team members, including but not limited to skilled care, personal care, hospice care, ElaraConnect personnel or others as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Clinical Program Supervisor and service line operators to resolve issues related to Check-In operations, including connection issues with prior patients and overall program utilization.
- Assists in evaluating agency operations and systems and identifies ways to enhance data entry.
- Participates in clinical record audits, utilization reviews and Peer Review and Quality Improvement programs.
- Attends training, education, seminars, or other means of learning.
- Notifies supervisor of any problems requiring administrative attention and intervention.
- Processes all data entry information accurately into appropriate company systems.
- Promotes Elara Caring’s philosophy, mission statement and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Maintains patient and staff privacy and confidentiality pursuant to HIPAA Privacy Final Rule.
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
What is Required?
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year experience in a health care setting
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous experience within Home Health or Hospice is preferred.
You will report to the Clinical Program Supervisor.
This is not a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities; a full job description will be provided.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Elara Caring provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age (40 and older), national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.
Elara Caring participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Federal Government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Employers like Elara Caring can only use E-Verify once you have accepted the job offer and completed the Form I-9.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.