Talent & Recruitment Coordinator (Retail Events)
Administration, People & HR
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
The Fanatics People Team is looking for a Retail Events Talent / Recruitment Coordinator.
As a Retail Events Talent Coordinator, you will be responsible for a full 360-degree casual workers work life cycle, including talent attraction and planning, onboarding, offboarding and all processes in between. You will be a key partner for talent planning and execution to our very busy Retail Events team. This will be an extremely varied, busy and often demanding role where no two days will be the same.
There will be a requirement to work weekends/ evenings during our Event Season (Peak)
• In collaboration with Retail Events management team, you will be agreeing and planning talent demands for specific events (inclusive but not exhausting such elements as: number of casual workers, time scales, forms of engagement with workforce etc).
• Managing the end-to-end recruitment process of casual workers while providing an outstanding candidate experience (advertising, screening and sourcing, managing candidate communication, preparing and delivering on high-volume recruitment sessions and assessment centres).
• Where required, collaborating and maintaining a positive relationship with the staffing agencies to fulfil on talent needs for events.
• Onboarding successful candidates (Dealing with all documentation including contract preparation and execution, ID and right to work checks, reference checks etc).
• In the spirit of best HR practices and compliance conducting regular audits, reviewing and maintaining relevant casual workforce files.
• Building and maintaining a network of a strong workforce to support Fanatics events across London (and other locations when required).
• Providing guidance and HR support for Events Managers in relation to managing and leading casual workers.
• Assisting casual workforce with any payroll or HR related topics.
• Compiling data from the HRIS systems and preparing relevant reports.
• Scheduling and rota planning for casual workers assigned to specific events with compliance around working time regulation in mind.
• Attending Retail Events and enabling teams to succeed in delivery of amazing results to our fans, while keeping teams’ morale and engagement levels high through the length of the event and beyond.
• Supporting stakeholders in relevant casual workers issues impacting events delivery and fans experience.
• Ongoing training and development of casual workforce (in collaboration with L&D, H&S and other relevant teams).
Work Location + Travel Requirements
You will be based in London, rotating between our Euston office and Wembley, but you may also be required to work from other London locations. It is also possible that you need to travel to other event venues nationally and overseas.
Knowledge & Experience:
• We are looking for a proactive self-starter and someone who thrives in a super busy event planning and delivering environment and operates with integrity and honesty.
• You will be a people person with strong organisational and administrative skills.
• Talent planning and recruitment skills (high volume, where requirements for events may hit 150+)
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who also enjoys working independently.
• Exceptional multi-tasking and attention to detail and the ability to operate under pressure of time and deadlines.
• Strong communication skills with ability to participate in difficult conversations.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Basic HR compliance knowledge relevant to HR administration processes (for example right to work checks, onboarding, offboarding).
• Flexibility with willingness to work weekends (during peak season) and working between varied London location with expectation to spend in average 2 days in our Euston office and 1 day in our Wembley office (subject to change depending on events calendar and planning).
This a great opportunity to join our fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial business, and these are some of the benefits you can expect as an employee.
•The chance to work with world leading sports clubs and brands
•Working within a growing, fast-paced and forward-thinking business
•40% staff discount
•Nationwide Theme Park discounts
•Bike to work scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and inclusivity at Fanatics. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day; across all races, gender, gender identities, age, sexual orientation, religion & spiritual beliefs, neurodiversity, disability and all identities of our people both current and future. If you have any requirement(s) for reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact us.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.