Business Development Manager, North America
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this position with Dragonfly, a wholly-owned subsidiary of FiscalNote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
Dragonfly is looking for a, dynamic Business Development Manager to build on our past success
and help take us to the next level of performance. Dragonfly, a part of FiscalNote has a track record of aggressive growth and we listed in 2022 on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: NOTE). We have ambitious plans for continued global expansion, and this role will play a key part in that success. The position will be responsible for scaling up our North American book of business and executing security and geopolitical risk subscriptions against our growth target. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Business Development for North America.
About the Commercial Team
Dragonfly’s commercial team is the touchpoint for all client interactions. It is made up of Sales Development, Business Development and Client Success. Each of these three teams works very closely with each other to ensure that the business reaches its overall revenue growth objectives. The Business Development team is responsible for all new business growth from both existing clients and new logo acquisition.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate a record of surpassing commercial goals. You will have proven experience in being successful at executing all stages of the sales pipeline. You should have a demonstrable ability to work in a targeted environment and be adaptable and willing to change tactics if something is not working. You should have strong interpersonal skills to build rapport, trust, and confidence with your clients. Likewise, you should have very good organizational skills. Confidence and lucidity when speaking on the phone, resilience, and ability to deal with failure are also essential qualities.
What To Expect In This Position
- Create a sales strategy to drive revenue growth and market expansion within your geographical territory.
- Collaborate closely with the SDR team to ensure that the health of the pipeline is consistent.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive intelligence to identify new business opportunities.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify target markets, customer segments, and key accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients, stakeholders, and industry partners.
- Collaborate with marketing and product development teams to align strategies, optimise lead generation, and enhance product positioning. .
- Track and analyse sales metrics, market trends, and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement and optimise sales strategies.
- Make full use of CRM system to track and manage leads and opportunities as well as exploit marketing opportunities
- Represent Dragonfly at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities to enhance the company's visibility and brand reputation.
What Sets You Apart
- A consistent record of surpassing organizational goals in their role
- A relentless drive to succeed
- Proven experience in sales, Business Development or Account Management within the security and intelligence sector.
- Demonstrable knowledge of international relations and geopolitics, the security and intelligence industry, including market dynamics, competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Strong sales skills - tenacity, creativity, attention to detail and self-motivation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities to identify opportunities, develop innovative sales strategies, and overcome challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Politics, Modern History or a related discipline
Excited about this role, but don't meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We'd still love for you to apply! FiscalNote is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all of the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to FiscalNote, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Our Recruiting team maintains awareness of all open roles which means your application may be assessed against multiple positions and we will reach out to gauge your interest in other opportunities as appropriate. Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com, we'd be happy to connect!
As part of FiscalNote's commitment to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with medical conditions or disabilities that will enable their access to the hiring process. If you need an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
FiscalNote supports our people by enabling team members with flexibility and benefits to promote well-being and balance, ensuring all FiscalNoters can bring their authentic selves to work. We start by offering competitive salaries, retirement accounts, and equity packages to ensure we’re all FN owners. Plus, our comprehensive benefits packages align with regional requirements and expectations no matter where you are located across the globe. Learn more at https://careers.fiscalnote.com/benefits/.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.