Oncology Clinical Data Manager (臨床マネージャー, NP, ナースプラクティショナー, 薬剤師, 看護師, 医師（研修医含む）, PhD)
We're looking for an Oncology Clinical Data Manager to help us to accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
Flatiron Health is a healthtech company using data for good to power smarter care for every person with cancer, around the world. Flatiron partners with cancer centers in the US, Europe and Asia to transform patients’ real-life experiences into real-world evidence and create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem. Our multidisciplinary teams include oncologists, data scientists, software engineers, epidemiologists, product experts and more. Flatiron Health is an independent affiliate of the Roche Group.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for working with our clinical, engineering and product teams to develop our approach to what we call “abstraction,” an important part of building Flatiron’s data products. Abstraction involves transforming complex unstructured clinical data, with the help of Flatiron’s proprietary software, to create high-quality datasets for oncology research and oncology drug development, to improve the lives of people with cancer.
In addition you will:
- Work closely with the clinical, product, and engineering teams to develop data capture forms, instructions and data analyses across multiple oncology therapeutic areas and tumor types.
- Support data quality and control activities related to abstraction, including clarifying guidance, correcting errors and refining instructions.
- Support the feasibility and initial testing of novel data points or new abstraction approaches.
- Perform patient-level quality assurance on dataset deliverables.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team in Japan and Flatiron’s other international markets including technical (e.g., software engineers), business, data analysts, and other clinical professionals.
- Be an advocate for our company culture as we grow.
- Lead a growing team of abstractors, providing both people management and overall team leadership.
- Work in our Tokyo office (about a 10 minute walk from Shinagawa Station).
Who You Are
You have clinical experience in an oncology care setting. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are a clinical research professional, registered or research nurse, pharmacist with significant (> 5 years) hands-on experience working in oncology OR are a MD with 0-2 years of experience post oncology fellowship. Candidates with relevant experience in Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, or Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) will also be considered.
- You are familiar with all aspects of how cancer is managed in Japan and with cancer terminology used in routine oncology care in Japan
- You have experience with health records, and electronic clinical systems in Japanese hospitals
- You have experience with data entry, electronic data capture forms or other data management systems, and are highly comfortable with technology
- You have strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate clinical issues effectively with a cross-functional internal team and also comfortable attending meetings with partners and other healthcare stakeholders in Japan
- You are an experienced people manager, with a track record of building successful teams, and coaching your teams to grow and develop
- You demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You are fluent in both Japanese and English and comfortable working in a bilingual environment
- You are a Certified Nurse or Certified Nurse Specialist in Oncology
- You have clinical trial experience/health outcomes research
- You have experience with how clinical data is represented across Japan (e.g., understanding of ICD codes, cancer registry data)
- You have data analysis skills (e.g. SQL, R, Python)
- You have work/study experiences in foreign countries or a global environment
Who we are
Our people are at the center of everything we do. We strive to foster a culture where our teammates feel equipped and empowered to make meaningful contributions with confidence, compassion, and clarity. Visit the Life at Flatiron page to learn more.