Associate Principal, Clinical Research Partnerships
Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We are looking for a dynamic Associate Principal to join our Clinical Research Partnerships team to help us accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
This function is a key pillar within our Commercial Solutions and Partnerships (CSaP) group and is integral in cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with leading biopharmaceutical clients to grow the Clinical Research Business Unit (CRBU). This pivotal role sits alongside our RWE Life Sciences Partnerships (LSP) and Scientific Engagement (SE) colleagues, all of which are under the commercial direction of the Chief Business Officer. As an Associate Principal, you will play a crucial role in transforming clinical research and prospective evidence generation.
As regulators continue to evolve the approach to modernizing drug development, we at Flatiron are seeking a highly unique sales professional who can drive our commercial activities for an innovative suite of clinical research offerings. Flatiron is at the forefront of pioneering solutions. We're dedicated to transforming the clinical research value chain, addressing complex challenges ranging from the conception of smarter, evidence-based study designs to the identification and engagement of potential study participants in community oncology settings to transforming clinical data acquisition and management.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for driving sales of Flatiron’s clinical research offerings, identifying new opportunities to expand Flatiron’s book of business in clinical research and contributing to the attainment of annual business development targets
- Become a subject matter expert on Flatiron’s Clinical Research offerings and reliably represent our technology and offerings with potential customers.
- Lead development of new business proposals, working cross-functionally with product, engineering, operations, professional services and scientific colleagues to scope, negotiate and contract new engagements that advance Flatiron’s commercial goals and meet customer needs
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clinical research customers during the sales process to align Flatiron's offerings with client needs and drive sales of products and services to meet those needs
- Support post-sale engagement at a strategic level, collaborating with relevant cross-functional teams, to ensure customers unlock the full potential of Flatiron’s products in order to develop long term, clinical research focused partnerships with our customers and cultivate repeat business
- Reliably represent customer feedback and needs to the business unit to help enhance existing products, identify new potential product offerings and refine go-to-market strategy
- Regularly travel to client sites, industry relevant conferences and trade shows (anticipated travel <20%)
Who You Are
You’re an individual with a deep understanding of clinical research, an analytical approach to problem solving, and have experience driving complex, multi-faceted enterprise sales. You are highly motivated by being part of a diverse cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research. You have a start-up mindset, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred degree in scientific or business discipline)
- You have 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Healthcare technology companies focused on clinical research
- Clinical research organizations (CROs) focused on innovation
- Healthcare oriented consulting firms with a focus on clinical research
- Biopharmaceutical company in a clinical-development team (or team adjacent to clinical-development) or in an clinical trial operations function with responsibility for partnering with external collaborators
- You are interested in engaging directly with biopharma, biotech and CRO customers to help advance their research strategies
- You can apply your healthcare background to reliably represent Flatiron in capabilities presentations, project scoping, contract negotiations and to cultivate long term strategic partnerships
- You’re a collaborative, passionate and analytical problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously.
- You are proactive, self-motivated, self-directed, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and data driven
- You have experience with novel approaches to leveraging data and technology to design better clinical trials, accelerate patient recruitment and/or re-imagine clinical trial data collection and management
- You have experience with and are well versed in a wide array of evidence generation strategies (e.g., real-world evidence, prospective registries, interventional clinical trials)
- You have oncology experience
- You have an advanced degree (MS, PhD, MPH, MBA)
Where you’ll work
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and 2-3 office days set by you and your team with the option of being Flex or Office. For more information on our approach to hybrid work as well as our work type options, please visit the how we work website.
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Job Compensation Range
Salary Range: $156,000.00 - $234,000.00
Preferred Primary Location: NYC Headquarters
An important note on salary
The annual pay range for this position is based on the preferred primary location of the role which is listed above. If you are applying to this role at a location that is not the preferred primary location, please keep in mind the salary range will vary and may fall outside of what is listed. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual bonus and equity may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.