What you will do
The HR coordinator will assist the plant with administrative tasks and people management. This position will primarily focus on ensuring the appropriate assignments of production employee to their roles as well as assisting supervisors/HR with general employee inquiries. The HR Coordinator will be expected to provide excellent customer service to inquiries from external as well as internal customers.
- Work closely with the Employee Engagement team to develop monthly engagement events.
- Coordinate Employee Engagement events i.e. budgeting, ordering supplies, making reservations, party planning, etc.
- Lead employee communications activities such as updating the communications tv, creating PowerPoint presentations, flyers, etc.
- Lead Employee Recognition programs such as birthdays, anniversaries, employee of the month, and other milestone events.
- Plant Your Voice Champion – lead the quarterly employee engagement survey events including increasing participation rates and working with leadership to develop action plans.
- Conduct Exit Interviews
- Maintain plant Manning board and staffing reports.
- Job Requisition management
- Sourcing and interviewing candidates
- Manage union bidding process.
- Update job descriptions.
- Work closely with Training Community of Practice to develop and refresh new hire training materials.
- Conduct New Hire Training classes.
- Work closely with High Performance Team Lead/Trainer to conduct on the job training classes.
- Lead new hire roundtable discussions.
Daily HR Tasks:
- Front desk/reception duties
- Answer employee questions regarding pay, benefits, policies, etc.
- Assist supervisors with Kronos timekeeping duties.
- Create labor hours and manning reports.
- HS Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Multilingual preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including PC competencies with MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent time management, planning, organizational, and customer service skills to manage multiple priorities and diverse personalities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, identifies process improvements, and act with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and able to contribute individually as well as part of a team.
- High level of integrity to maintain confidentiality.
- Successful candidates will be deadline oriented, organized, have strong time management skills, and have strong attention to detail.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law