Facilities Maintanance Technician(union)
Unleash your potential with the Johnson Controls team!
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join our winning team and pave the way for a bright future.
Reporting to the Maintenance Forman, the Facility Maintenance Technician will be part of our P3 Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. This position will be located at the Corner Brook Acute Care Hospital, where you will be part of a team that performs a variety of tasks to maintain building systems, equipment and physical aspects of the facility.
What You Will Do
Responds to customer needs, inquiries and requirements in a professional, timely, respectful and respectful manner at all times.
Diligently responds to work orders, work assignments and other work requests in a timely manner consistent with the response and rectification times.
Works together with other maintenance staff, management, Hospital staff and contractors, as and when required; in a cooperative, efficient and respectful manner to complete assigned work.
Performs all duties in a safe, diligent and careful manner, and in strict compliance with Company and site-specific Occupational Health and Safety Policies, rules and requirements. Will participate in all safety training activities. Will actively follow infection control procedures, as instructed by hospital policies.
Housekeeping and Clean-Up
Ensures that all work and rest areas are kept clean and tidy at all time in a manner consistent with good housekeeping practices.
How You Will Do It
- Performs predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance on facility equipment and systems, including exterior site work, architectural components (both interior / exterior) and other building related components.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes, including response and rectification guidelines
- Follows all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection.
- May be called upon to perform all maintenance duties throughout the Hospital after hours and on weekends when the Facility Maintenance Department is closed
- Communicates and records observations about facility equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for improvement and repair.
- Responds promptly and courteously to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance in a timely manner on facility equipment and systems
- Records resolution data within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Works with subcontractors on equipment repair, preventative maintenance and calibration.
- Recommends spare parts and supply purchases for facility equipment
- Accurately maintains/completes all equipment logbooks and maintenance records as required
- Participates in and assists with facility-related project work.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required.
- Participate in all departmental training programs.
- Assist and participate in exterior seasonal maintenance tasks
- Actively participate in all Hospital Codes (either tests or real) directly related to Facility Maintenance involvement
- All other duties as assigned
What We Look For
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs when assigned
- Regularly scheduled evening and weekend work and 12 hours shift work may be required.
- Must be willing wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must have the ability to use hand tools, lift/carry 50 lbs., and to work on ladders/step stools.
- Requires working extended periods on his/her feet in a fast-paced environment.
- Fully Vaccinated and able to provide proof
- Successful candidate will need to pass extensive security/background checks.
- Valid Driver's License
- More than 2 years of facility maintenance experience in hospital, university, food, manufacturing environment, or any other commercial or industrial institutions
- Requires a basic understanding ofbuilding systems in a large facilities
- Basic understanding of plans and schematics
- Must have good communication skills (verbally, written); must be able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Basic understanding of computers and handheld devices
- Positive, professional disposition towards work and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors and to contribute to a project team.
- Ability to succeed in a team oriented environment under very dynamic (changing) conditions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of JCCLP and client related business activities
- Ability to work at certain heights
* This is a union position*
Johnson Controls’ Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation, and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodation will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request accommodation, please contact us. Any information you provide related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on our website at www.johnsoncontrols.com for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.