Warehouse - Delivery Driver
Unleash your potential with the Johnson Controls team!
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join our winning team and pave the way for a bright future. With our extensive reach across various industries worldwide, our teams are uniquely positioned to support and empower you. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing.
Join the Johnson Controls family and thrive in a culture that values your voice and ideas.
Your next incredible opportunity is just a few clicks away!
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K, medical, dental, and vision care - available from day one.
- Extensive product and on-the-job/cross-training opportunities, supported by our outstanding internal resources.
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment.
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy.
- JCI Employee discount programs (The Loop by Perk Spot).
- Check us out: A Day in the Life of the Building of the Future - https://youtu.be/pdZMNrDJviY]
What you will do:
You will conduct daily delivery tasks to customer facilities and job sites. When not out making deliveries or running transfers, you will conduct warehouse duties such as loading/unloading deliveries, picking materials for next day orders, assist in the receiving and put away of replenishment stock, and sweeping and general clean up to ensure a safe, clean work environment.
How you will do it:
- Load delivery trucks to meet delivery schedule and in the proper fashion to secure product from damage.
- Operate Forklift in a safe manner.
- Deliver orders in safe and undamaged manner in 26’ company truck that meet the needs and schedule/demand of our customers, as required by Store Manager
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner, daily with customers via face-to-face interaction, phone, e-mail, or other means vital to provide outstanding service.
- Works closely with other vital departments such as the Inside & outside Sales team and Customer Service.
- Receive returned product from customers – inspecting for damage, check packing slip for product accuracy, and securing returning product to ensure safe and undamaged return.
- Perform Daily Truck List.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What we look for:
- High School diploma or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Experience with driving a 26’ box truck.
- Ability to pass a driving test.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
- Positive interpersonal skills and decision-making abilities.
- Professional and tactful communication skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work optimally in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience related to Customer Service, warehouse operations in large volume distribution center.
JCI employees are valued members of the Johnson Controls family. They are dedicated, skilled, and passionate individuals who contribute to the success and growth of our company. We prioritize creating a positive and inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and personal development. Our employees are encouraged to voice their ideas and opinions, knowing that they will be heard and valued. We believe in investing in our employees' well-being, providing competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, and opportunities for career advancement. With a strong emphasis on safety and a commitment to sustainability, JCI employees play a crucial role in shaping a smarter, healthier, and more sustainable future for buildings and communities worldwide.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.