HVAC TB Sr Controls Tech
Unleash your potential with the Johnson Controls team!
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join our winning team and pave the way for a bright future. With our extensive reach across various industries worldwide, our teams are uniquely positioned to support and empower you. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing.
Join the Johnson Controls family and thrive in a culture that values your voice and ideas.
Your next incredible opportunity is just a few clicks away!
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K, medical, dental, and vision care - available from day one.
- Extensive product and on-the-job/cross-training opportunities, supported by our outstanding internal resources.
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment.
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy.
- JCI Employee discount programs (The Loop by Perk Spot).
- Check us out: A Day in the Life of the Building of the Future - https://youtu.be/pdZMNrDJviY]
What you will do:
Perform HVAC Control systems programming, troubleshooting, installation, commissioning, and preventative maintenance as it is related to mechanical, electrical, and low voltage controls components.
Respond to service and warranty calls using Johnson Controls configuration and commissioning tools as well as a variety of hand tools including electrical testing meters and other electronic testing equipment.
Provide front line technical and repair support through effective communications with Johnson Controls customers. Provide system repair and or update recommendations and assist in proposing recommendations to Johnson Controls customers.
Be part of an expanding team of the best technicians in the industry while you build career with a first-class global organization.
How you will do it:
- Loading Johnson Controls field and network level controller software.
- Performing commissioning and system diagnostics for all levels of system controllers as well as end
- devices (i.e. Sensors, actuators, etc.) and complete all required commissioning documentation.
- Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment.
- Completes administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
- Documents change and provide information for as-built documentation.
- Execute company sponsored as well as personally initiated training to ensure the highest level of knowledge and capability are maintained.
- Engage with customers to fully understand their systems and needs.
- Communicates with the JCI contractor or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Follows all safety standards and attends required safety training. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for:
- Strong understanding of HVAC systems, sequence, and applications
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in mechanical and electro-mechanical fields.
- Able to use hand, power tools and electrical testing equipment such as a multi meter.
- Solid knowledge base in use of personal computers.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- (Depending on location, the mounting and termination of low voltage devices may have special licensing requirements.)
JCI employees are valued members of the Johnson Controls family. They are dedicated, skilled, and passionate individuals who contribute to the success and growth of our company. We prioritize creating a positive and inclusive work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and personal development. Our employees are encouraged to voice their ideas and opinions, knowing that they will be heard and valued. We believe in investing in our employees' well-being, providing competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, and opportunities for career advancement. With a strong emphasis on safety and a commitment to sustainability, JCI employees play a crucial role in shaping a smarter, healthier, and more sustainable future for buildings and communities worldwide.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.