Hardware Compliance Engineer
As a leader in 3D printing technology, Formlabs is reinventing the digital manufacturing industry. This mission takes innovation, persistence, and building the best team of people to make it happen. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers and materials to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs printers are sold in over 40 countries and counting. Ensuring our hardware products meet safety and regulatory standards in each geography takes strategic thinking, engineering know-how and exploration of varying regulatory landscapes. The Hardware Compliance Engineer partners with design engineers, product managers, manufacturing engineers and salespeople to establish and execute compliance certification strategies through new product introduction and continued market expansion. If you are excited to take a hands-on role within the product lifecycle and further develop your regulatory, quality, and project management skills to work then join us as a Hardware Compliance Engineer.
- Leverage a core knowledge of industrial product regulations to identify relevant standards, translate guidelines into engineering requirements and review product designs for compliance.
- Employ strong analytical, organizational and communication skills to define testing requirements, assess risk, manage design documents, oversee test lab activities and communicate project status across engineering, regulatory agencies, sales partners, manufacturing and senior leadership.
- Deep involvement and hands on product solution/modification to mitigate EMC/Safety/Other problems found during verification and reviews.
- Sample setup preparation for both electronic and firmware components.
- Shepherd new products through compliance assessments, product testing, certification processes and design updates for user safety and regulatory compliance.
- Work on international approval projects to support Formlabs expanding in new international markets.
- Maintain compliance of released products and update certifications as regulations change.
- Prepare regulatory documents and submit to agencies and third party service providers.
- Partner with the Regulatory Compliance Manager and adjacent compliance functions to enhance processes and systems to be more predictive, lean and expedient.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering majors, or equivalent experience (1-3 years in industry) required.
- Demonstrated Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Exposure to consumer or industrial electronics product development for international markets
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to improve, accelerate delivery and mitigate risk
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Electronics, Firmware or Software hands on experience
- Demonstrated experience leading hardware regulatory compliance including design for compliance and agency submissions
- Familiarity with international standards including EMC, Safety, Wireless, etc
- Experience working with international manufacturing partners
- Past experience working with compliance labs
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan – Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course… unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.