Senior Fullstack Engineer, Product Experience (Toronto)
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to develop and cultivate new products for fraud detection. More than in other groups, the engineering decisions made by Forter’s product group need to balance not only engineering factors, but also user experience, aesthetics, legal and financial considerations, and a general sense of what's most important.
Engineers in the Product experience group have a knack for making tools powerful without compromising their ease of use. This applies to both visual tools (like our customers’ dashboard and our internal analysts’ system) and programming tools (like our API).
Part of the Product experience group, the Onboarding Experience team’s mission is to build a single platform to connect customers to Forter products. This ensures the successful onboarding of customers at scale while providing a refreshing merchant developer experience. Our platform is crucial to ensure our customers realize faster time to value.
Why should you join us? Our team creates experiences that complement the automatic services that Forter provides. We thoughtfully craft solutions that empower our clients, enabling them to investigate and interact with our entire offering stack - from the moment the transaction is made, to any one of its future paths. We are highly adaptable, working with a diverse stack of technologies, and always aspiring to create the best value for our clients.
Join us if you are passionate about building beautiful solutions and working in a vibrant and innovative environment.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement a single self-service platform connecting customers to Forter products to simplify workflows and streamline the implementation process
- Own a feature set throughout the entire product development cycle, from discovery to release
- Self-manage project planning, milestones, designs, and estimations with fellow team members, Product, and Design
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems. We take pride in our tests, monitoring & alerting abilities just as we do with our systems.
Who are you?
- Expertise in server-side development using NodeJS, ORMs, and relational databases.
- Expertise in modern UI development tools such as React, Vue.js, Lit, Storybook, etc.
- Advanced HTML & CSS skills.
- Experience in unit and end-to-end testing using libraries like Jest, Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- Experience developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large-scale environment with multiple modern programming and database querying languages.
- Strong pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Great communication skills.
- Self-driven and solutions-oriented, able to collaborate cross-team in a globally distributed organization.
It’d be really cool if you also have:
- Experience with building low-latency web applications.
- Experience with UI/UX (Figma, prototypes, user stories, animations, etc.).
- Experience with building Web Components and using the shadow DOM.
- Experience with building automation and package management tools such as Webpack/Rollup.
- Experience building browsers’ extensions/plug-ins.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- $500 CAD per month reimbursement for supplementary health plan of your choosing
- WiFi / Phone Stipend and Home Office Allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.