Vice President, HR Operations
Flagship Pioneering is a biotechnology company that invents and builds platform companies that change the world. We bring together the greatest scientific minds with entrepreneurial company builders and assemble the capital to allow them to take courageous leaps. Those big leaps in human health and sustainability exponentially accelerate scientific progress in areas ranging from cancer detection and treatment to nature-positive agriculture.
What sets Flagship apart is our ability to advance biotechnology by uniting life science innovation, company creation, and capital investment under one roof in a way that is largely without precedent. Our scientific founders, entrepreneurial leaders, and professional capital managers are each aligned around an institutionalized process that enables us to innovate and transform for the benefit of people and planet.
Many of the companies Flagship has founded have addressed humanity’s most urgent challenges: vaccinating billions of people against COVID-19, curing intractable diseases, improving human health, preempting illness, and feeding the world by improving the resiliency and sustainability of agriculture.
Flagship has been recognized twice on FORTUNE’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies, and has been twice named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies.
The Head of HR Operations leads a global organization responsible for enterprise-wide HR service delivery including process documentation and execution, risk and compliance, hire-to-retire lifecycle administration, HR technology, data and analytics strategy and strategic partner/vendor management. The role is responsible for strategic management of the complex network of HR operations stakeholders, internally and externally, to ensure a high-quality employee experience.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for delivery of hire-to-retire lifecycle administration and services.
- Partner closely with the business to ensure alignment on proposed processes, working through change management, training, and education to ensure new ways or working are adopted and implemented.
- Ensure processes are documented, simple to follow and aid in easy decision making and process alignment.
- Create and drive strategic roadmap for process excellence, optimization, and simplification.
- Lead a continuous improvement strategy across the function utilizing data and stakeholder feedback.
- Drive HR technology strategy and create innovation roadmap for enterprise-wide HR technology, including overall governance model.
- Lead people analytics strategy and drive development of roadmap for leveraging people analytics to drive business outcomes.
- Provide leadership support for the implementation of new technology and business process optimization and automation.
- In partnership with the IT and Digital team, consult and advise on enterprise HR technology needs and lead the development of business case, RFP, and selection process.
- Partner closely with the legal team to ensure we have the necessary policies in place across our global offices, actively monitor changes in legislation to remain compliant.
- Establish and lead contract and operational governance and manage relationships with HR operations and service delivery of vendors and strategic partners.
- Lead the spin-off of companies from the Flagship Ecosystem from an HR operations perspective.
- Ensure SLAs are in place and are met or exceeded and drive to resolution when vendor performance lags.
- Monitor vendor contracts, cost and/or service level risk.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in business, HR systems, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in progressively responsible leadership positions
- Demonstrated success building & leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to energize, inspire & motivate a team to exceed objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities & aggressive deadlines.
- Credibility & evident experience in building highly functional & effective teams through mentorship & leadership
- Exceptional influencing skills, driven, strong functional knowledge & the ability to clearly communicate the linkage between leveraging rewards initiatives.
- Experience with UKG HRIS a plus
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.