Sales Development Representative
We’re on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.
We’re building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company’s knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
As a Sales Development Representative at Glean, you'll work closely with our Account Executives and Marketing department to ensure leads are effectively managed in order to attract great clients. We'll provide you with the tools, training, mentorship, and leadership needed to engage effectively with prospective clients, uncover their unique challenges, and convey how Glean can help solve them. Join us in our mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world, and be at the forefront of transforming the way businesses operate.
What you will do and achieve:
- Act as the initial point of contact for new customers via our sales channels and respond promptly to their inquiries
- Generate pipeline and create qualified opportunities for our North American sales team
- Engage with potential clients through various communication channels such as calls, emails, and live chat platforms aimed at creating new business opportunities
- Run your own qualification calls with potential clients, helping to guide them through the first part of the evaluation process
- Demonstrate attentive listening skills when understanding customer requirements and articulate how Glean can meet those needs better than other solutions
- Consistently meet established quota targets that will contribute to the company’s revenue growth
- Work with the Marketing team to provide feedback on MQLs and campaigns
- Represent Glean at strategic marketing events and trade shows
- Learn critical sales skills, such as leading effective discovery calls, cold calling, objection handling, articulating and selling value, prioritization and time management, and more
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Four-year degree OR equivalent professional quota-carrying sales experience as an individual contributor, with a proven, consistent track record of exceeding goals
- Team-centric mindset and demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong relationship-building abilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to identify potential customer opportunities
- A love for making an impact and working with a team to hit key goals and metrics
- Passion and curiosity around technology with an excitement to comprehend and articulate value points to customers
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, “do what it takes” startup culture!
- Startup and SaaS experience is a plus!
- Previous experience in a lead generation role or sales
- Experience in engaging with customers and ability to resolve challenges effectively
- Proven track record of success in a performance-driven role focused on exceeding specific metrics (i.e. carrying a quota)
- Proficiency with Salesforce and other sales enablement tools (i.e. Outreach, Sales Navigator)
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment and time-off policy
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals