General Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
The Finance team at Heartbeat health is growing and we are looking for a General Accounting Manager to help advance the accounting organization to the next level. Reporting to the VP Finance, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, including the month, quarter, and year-end close processes. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building from the ground up, finds opportunity for process improvements and automation, and drives controls and accuracy.
About the gig
- Lead all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Serve as the company's expert on accounting matters, partnering with other departments (Operations, Clinical, Business Development, Product, Tech, HR, among others) on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications
- Cash Projections and Management
- Lead the monthly consolidated close process, bringing new ideas and designing ways to make the process efficient
- Manage the annual audit process
- Have deep understanding of GAAP and contract administration
- Help drive operational efficiencies through system implementations and development of process improvements and new policies
- Develop and operationalize a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk
- 4-6 years of experience with audit or accounting, including 2+ years of management experience
- Public Accounting and Healthcare experience preferred
- BA/BS and CPA certification required
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to act as primary owner of individual projects, analysis and process while working cross functionally
- Experience with QuickBooks or NetSuite a plus
- Experience with systems and software implementation preferred
- Experience with start-up culture, early-stage business models and healthcare industry preferred
- Highly skilled in Excel. SQL and Tableau a plus.
- Experience in evaluating, improving and documenting processes and related controls
- Reliable, team worker, able to function independently on projects, efficient with limited resources, fast producer, detail focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Your contributions during the first 90 days
- Immersion into the Heartbeat health Culture and mastering the business model (30 days)
- Understand the cost structure and the impact on overall business operations (60 Days)
- Begin the identification of the next generation accounting platform transitioning from the current QuickBooks Online environment (90 days)
Why you'll love working here
- We're mission-driven: we're revolutionizing the way cardiovascular care is delivered
- Up for the challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Great people: become a part of something incredible, and do it with an exceptionally talented, multidisciplinary team.
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A competitive salary + options package
- Generous health benefits
- Helping to build a company from the ground up that’s making critical, necessary societal and health impacts.
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, our team is founded on a set of values we hold close to heart:
- Be amazing at what you do, without ego.
- Take ownership and be accountable to yourself and the team.
- Move fast with our stakeholders' best interests at heart.
- Be open to a breadth of ideas, but focused on delivery.
- Measure and improve what really matters.
- Be candid and honest with people.
- Demonstrate high integrity, always.
- Help others and appreciate those who help you.
- Be a kind and decent human.
- Have fun.
You’re open to new ideas, thoughtful in your approach, pragmatic in your delivery, constantly learning, and up for a challenge. You elevate the work of those around you.
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.