Staff Infrastructure Software Engineer
Our Dropbox Infrastructure Engineering team is passionate about building awesome products at massive scale. We've developed a set of values that enable us to do this. Specifically, we write phenomenal software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create an enduring culture. Building elegant products begins with lots of hacking and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship reliable code that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're bold when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel.
We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture. At the heart of Dropbox lies the largest networked filesystem in history. We routinely tackle audacious challenges, often against competitors who have 10-50x our resources. On top of this foundation, we're crafting products that enable people to do amazing things with their stuff across all their devices. We hope you'll join us!
- You will build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will scale Dropbox as the data-fabric which connects hundreds of millions of the world's apps, devices, and services
- You will measure and optimize as Dropbox continues to build one of the industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, multi-threaded, geographically distributed backend systems
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, or Go
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, compiler also a plus
- Familiarity with Linux
Many teams at Dropbox run Services with on-call rotations, which entails being available for calls during both core and non-core business hours. If a team has an on-call rotation, all engineers on the team are expected to participate in the rotation as part of their employment. Applicants are encouraged to ask for more details of the rotations to which the applicant is applying.
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
C$183,600 - C$216,000 - C$248,400