Account Executive (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams, grow their business and support their employees. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. As part of the Homebase Sales team, you’ll be part of a team that’s utilizing cutting edge technology, embracing innovative processes and sales methodology to build a best in class sales function.
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, which means you come with
- 1+ years of Sales or Customer Success experience as a quota carrying representative
- 1+ years of experience selling software as a service (SaaS), or a payroll product
- Proven success in the SMB space, or related vertical
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of pipeline development and management, with an emphasis on efficiencies and constant improvement
- Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment
- Strong outbound dialing habits and ability to create customer connections over the phone.
As a Homie, you will make an impact by
Working closely with small business owners, to help them understand the features and benefits of our product. At Homebase, we are committed to innovation and launching new products to serve our customers’ ever-evolving needs.
As a member of Homebase Sales you’re a builder. You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them. You thrive in a performance-driven environment where your contributions are recognized. You’re excited at the prospect of being an early team member and flexing your entrepreneurial muscle. You crave impact—and you’re ready to build something amazing and long-lasting.
You’ll practice consultative selling each day. You’ll discover customer needs, emerge as an expert advisor, demo product capabilities, and guide prospects through product onboarding and training. You’ll champion the follow-up—creatively using all the tools at your disposal to help busy small business owners.
As a direct partner to Product, Operations, and Marketing, your insights will inform how Homebase improves our product and processes. Your contributions will set us up to scale rapidly and build this new revenue stream. As one of the early members of Homebase Sales, you'll have the opportunity to help serve our customers while contributing to the fabric of our sales team for years to come.
- Be open and eager to learn and adapt to changes
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities, driving customers to conversion using targeted sales techniques
- Proactively engage with new sign-ups to Homebase and provide an amazing onboarding experience, through discovery and robust product knowledge
- Guide customers, through the sales process, to ensure their use of the product is a success
- Be a team player! We’ll win together and commit to bringing a collaborative attitude to the table every day
- Partner with our operations team to address and resolve any implementation issues a customer may be facing during the setup phase
What We Offer:
- Colorado Only: Compensation structure: base + uncapped commission, average OTE is $63,000 - $85,000
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team w/ Lauren
- Meet the Hiring Manager w/ Jon W.
- Meet the Sales Leadership w/ Makayla L. & Tommy D
- Meet the Leadership team w/ Rene E
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.