International Tax Services - Associate
iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $169 billion in global client assets invested in 1,362 funds, as of September 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018-2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a three-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital’s expansion into the European marketplace creates an opportunity for an experienced and talented international tax professional to support its offshore fund expansion strategy. This is a newly created role within the Fund Finance Tax Services team to support expansion opportunities outside the U.S. This position is a tax compliance role that will service hedge and private equity fund of funds and ensure timely tax reporting and communication as well as drive continuous improvement throughout the processes. Primarily, these funds will be created to invest into or alongside specified third-party alternative asset managers, so called ‘feeder’ or ‘conduit’ funds.
- Track new international fund launches and the scope of tax compliance work required.
- Analyze rule changes to document business requirements and project plans for implementation.
- Assist in various global fund launch activities, projects, and ad hoc requests.
- Monitor internal and external calendars for different stakeholders such as investor relations, sales teams, and client relationship managers as well as adhere to client service expectations.
- Manage the collection and dissemination of tax information from underlying funds.
- Coordinate with third-party tax preparers and administrators to review fund investments, cash flows and preparation of tax information in various jurisdictions.
- Support Chapter 3 (NRA), Chapter 4 (FATCA), Chapter 61, 1446f, withholding 1099, 1042/1042-s, 8966, 1065, 1120 filings along with Common Reporting Standards (CRS) globally (e.g. Australia, Canada, Cayman, France, Japan, Luxembourg, and Singapore).
- Draft and maintain policies, procedures, workflows, metrics, and controls.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of fund formation tax documents, i.e., Form 8832, GIIN applications, AEOI Portal registrations as well as preparation of associated US IRS Tax Forms (W9, W8 series) and CRS Self Certifications.
- Support global tax reporting regimes (i.e., UK Investor Reporting, Swiss Investor Reporting, etc.).
- Track vendor engagement letters, accruals, invoices, and vendor report cards.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a background in cross-border tax compliance for alternative investment funds and private wealth investors
- Working knowledge of FATCA/CRS Regulations with regards to the onboarding/due diligence of account holders and the annual reporting process.
- Working knowledge of Pan-European tax regulatory regimes and requirements including but not limited to Germany, UK, France, Swiss, Italy, and Austria
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft suite skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and comfortable learning new systems and technology
- Comfortable analyzing large volumes of data
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment.
- Organized, initiative-taking, and detail-oriented with capability to see the big picture.
- Experience with managing client expectations and communications, as well as solution development
The base salary range for this role is $90,000 to $120,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.