Software Development Engineer III - Wallet Communities (Remote)
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Software Development Engineer III to add to our rapidly growing team. This person will design and develop business-critical back-end services to advance the digital identity ecosystem. The Software Development Engineer III should be a self-starter, self-sufficient, and should have 3+ years of experience developing for the web with a solid command of object oriented technologies. The Account Access team enhances and maintains a key capability within the ID.me platform, the services and UI that allow users to authenticate and to manage their account and their data with us.
- Build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services and APIs with Ruby on Rails
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Debug and optimize new and existing code, and write high quality unit tests
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Contribute to peer code reviews, internal infrastructure and process enhancements
- Participates in creating a roadmap with engineering and product leadership
- 3+ years developing web applications using Ruby
- Solid understanding of web technologies and object oriented design
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgresSQL, MySQL or MSSQL Server
- Experience with public-facing REST-based APIs
- Experience with source control using Git and GitHub
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of technologies and standards such as OpenID Connect (OIDC), SAML, XACML SCIM, OAuth, Federated login, etc
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.