Director of Product
Who we are
Journera has developed the first software platform for travel-related companies to craft more seamless, more personalized journeys for their customers. We work with some of the biggest travel brands in the world, operate at massive scale (over 33 billion data events processed to date!), and have been backed by elite investors including PAR Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, the Boston Consulting Group and Pritzker Group Venture Capital.
Diversity is one of our core company values. We are committed to fostering inclusive, equitable, and supportive working and learning environments for all our employees. We believe the diverse experiences of our employees enrich the way we identify and overcome challenges, as well as design and deliver solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Manager or Director of Product to lead Product at Journera, reporting to the CTO. The focus for this experienced person is to drive the overall product strategy, and further the development and impact of our data insights for big travel enterprises.
In this role, this leader will be responsible for continuing to develop the data product portfolio, identify areas of opportunity to build differentiated value for our customers, and further strategic business insights and technology advancement in the AI/ML space. In collaboration with the business development team, you will focus on transforming business development ideas into informed product and project initiatives. With the technology teams, you will bring your experience and leadership to Journera’s big data and analytics products by identifying untapped opportunities for travel partners, furthering our integrations with these partners, or helping prioritize based on customers and business goals.
With the leadership team, you will participate in developing the strategy and tracking progress. You will have access to an experienced group in the travel industry starting with the founder/CEO.
What you will do
- Engage with travel industry partners (airlines, hotels, etc.) for input on product fit, requirements and general product feedback that can then be factored into the product roadmap
- Analyze data to find significant opportunities for travel providers to create value for customers as well as their business
- Communicate complex analytical findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders clearly and concisely.
- Develop products and integrations for partners to onboard their data, or subscribe, or visualize travel data for their customers across the travel ecosystem.
- Work closely with the technology, commercial, and marketing teams
- Manage the product roadmap with input from and to company strategy
What you bring
- Product management experience, with at least five years in a leadership role
- Experience at a company with real-time or big-data products
- Familiar with business intelligence tools like Looker, PowerBI, or SQL experience
- Experience building and managing relationships with external clients or cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Excellent written communication, synthesizing content into concise and effective messages
- Experience working in a small, early-stage company
- Unlimited paid time off
- Family leave
- 401K matching program
- Medical, dental, vision, health and well-being benefits
- Annual personal development investment
- Annual community investment
- Annual personal travel reimbursement
- Support for remote and/or in office work preferences
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Journera, we’re building an inclusive, diverse, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about our vision/mission and this role caught your eye - we encourage you to apply!
Journera also values experiences that demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and community involvement. Please feel free to include your involvement with clubs, meetups, ERGs, non-profits, your community, etc. on your resume or cover letter and ask us what we do at Journera.
Want to work at an innovative startup with an amazing team? Ready to help us build the next big thing in travel? We are excited to meet you and discuss how you can help shape our future! We welcome all to apply below and look forward to reviewing your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.