Customer Support Representative
Karbon is the global leader in practice management software for growth-minded accounting firms. We provide an award-winning, highly collaborative cloud platform that streamlines work and communication, enabling the average accounting firm using Karbon to save 16 hours per week, per employee.
We have customers in 34 countries and have grown into a globally distributed team, with our people based throughout the US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, ranked #1 on G2, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
Do you enjoy having responsibility for the growth and value delivered to an entire customer base? Are you motivated by working closely with customers solving their workflow and strategy challenges? Do you take pride in helping your customers succeed and constantly looking for opportunities to deliver value?
As a Customer Support Representative at Karbon, you will support customers in their time of need. You'll function as the crucial link between customers, sales and our product development team.
- Provide support to customers in the form of video & technical chat support. Training on the Karbon platform to drive client satisfaction. Ensure that considerable value is realized by the customer on the platform in the first 90 days after sale.
- Drive growth in existing customers after 90 days of the sale by ensuring they are fully able to use all of Karbon’s functionality by promoting awareness and adoption of the product.
- Increase the participation in free service offerings such as the Getting Started & Onboarding webinar series.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the value proposition of the platform as well as the existing and future needs of the customer.
- Assist, as needed, in the completion of customer-facing activities including updating client data, updating support resources, and updating support videos. Proficiency in Excel is a plus.
- Solve customers’ problems by building partnerships, driving product/feature adoption, and ensuring customers actualize the value proposition from their investment. Be creative and adaptable in suggesting solutions to clients’ unique problems.
- Accurately identify risk of customer churn and put value-add actions in place to mitigate possible churn. Develop a repeatable process and methodology that can be followed by others as Karbon expands.
- Champion the voice of the customer internally by giving product feedback to Product/Engineering in an effective manner for improvements and road mapping.
- Partner with internal stakeholders including but not limited to vertical SME’s, technical solutions, sales, people/operations, finance, and legal to ensure operational excellence.
- Help expand our global support team and processes. Curious in the problems that we present, creative in your approach and ideation, and scientific in your hypothesis testing / fine-tuning / roll-out of your initiatives.
Candidates with following experience are encouraged to apply:
- 1-2 years of customer service experience – since customer support representatives work directly with customers to solve end-user issues and answer questions, it’s essential that you have strong customer service skills.
- Prior experience with chat / support software–i.e. Intercom/Zendesk/Salesforce. By nature, customer support representatives perform their day-to-day tasks on a computer. You must be able to easily operate a computer, especially in terms of checking and responding utilizing live chat services and software.
- Problem-solving skills – the ability to solve problems is just as integral to a chat agent’s work as solid communication skills. When presented with a problem, chat agents must be able to find a solution calmly and efficiently, even if the customer is impatient or disgruntled
- BA/BS preferred and have a minimum of 1-3+ years of industry experience in B2B SaaS businesses, accounting professional services, training or education or customer support.
- Have great communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts clearly and efficiently and give consultative advice to help customers grow their performance.
- Have experience/passion for enabling businesses to grow and succeed.
- Ability to learn modern customer enablement SaaS and servicing tools to better understand, manage, and support customers.
- Have professional spoken and written English (fluency in other major languages is a plus but not required).
Please note the hours for this role are: 12am - 9am Tuesday - Saturday
Why Work at Karbon
- Industry leading benefits package including medical insurance for you and up to three eligible dependents
- 15 paid time off days per year (which includes 5 Karbon Days per year)
- 7 Sick leave days per year
- Internet and work from home subsidy
- Discretionary bonus program
- Life insurance
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position
Karbon embraces diversity and inclusion, aligning with our values as a business. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. If you've made it this far in the job description but your past experience doesn't perfectly align, we do encourage you to still apply. You could still be the right person for the role!
When we look for talent to join our team, we want unique, creative, and amazing people that align with values, and help us build a world-class product and company.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are, and what has always made us tick.
We recruit and reward people based on capability and performance. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, physical or cognitive ability, and other diversity dimensions, that may hinder inclusion in the organization.
Generally, if you are a good person, we want to talk to you. 😛
If there are any adjustments or accommodations that we can make to assist you during the recruitment process, and your journey at Karbon, contact us at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
At this time, we request that agency referrals are not submitted for this position. We appreciate your understanding and encourage direct applications from interested candidates. Thank you!