Manager, Business Development - MSU Bulldog Sports Properties
MSU Bulldog Sports Properties is LEARFIELD’s local, dedicated entity representing Mississippi State University. In complete collaboration with the University, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the University’s brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base.
As exclusive multimedia rights holder for the University, our team manages all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with traditional, digital and other non-traditional media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; digital engagement including social media, the official athletics website, content, digital gaming and retargeting, event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and radio game broadcasts and coaches’ shows.
Our growing sponsorship business seeks an experienced, motivated sales professional to join our team located on campus in Starkville, MS. If you’re interested in combining your passion for sports with your successful track record in sales, we want to speak with you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and/or exceed assigned sales goals by developing and selling creative sponsorship packages
- Research and build relationships with local, regional, and national companies/brands to highlight the advantages of investing in collegiate athletics
- Execute the entirety of the sales process: prospecting, building/presenting sales presentations and end-of-year recaps, creating proposals, creating/negotiating contracts, upselling/renewing current partners, etc
- Manage a book of business and be responsible for the upselling and renewing of current partners
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with our corporate partners and athletic department staff
- Entertain clients and work various game day events (including some nights and weekends)
- Understand the sports sponsorship landscape including traditional, non-traditional, and digital marketing assets and stay up to date on changes and advancements within the industry
- Perform other related duties as required
- 1 year of sales experience
- Ability to analyze a client’s marketing needs and craft integrated solutions to meet those needs
- Negotiating skills, ability to identify and influence key decision makers
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Experience selling comprehensive integrated sports marketing partnerships including major media elements (signage, radio, social, digital, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, including but not limited to social media, content marketing, banner ads, mobile, retargeting and websites, including interpreting performance analytics for all areas
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
LEARFIELD is the leading media and technology services company in intercollegiate athletics. The company unlocks the value of college sports for brands and fans through an omnichannel platform with innovative content and commerce solutions for fan engagement. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company has long had the privilege of being an advocate for intercollegiate athletics and the student-athlete experience. Our suite of services includes licensing and multimedia sponsorship management; publishing, audio, digital and social media; data analytics; ticketing, ticket sales and professional concessions expertise; branding; and campus-wide business and sponsorship development.
Our people-first culture is the foundation of our business and is reflective of our approach to building meaningful relationships with our employees, partners, and fans. The company strives each day to deliver the mission statement and embody the core values that make LEARFIELD an exciting place to work.
Powering the connection of fans to the brands and experiences they love.
Our Core Values
Build Trust | Be Fans of One Another | Power Tomorrow | Create & Connect Communities | Have Fun
LEARFIELD offers a full spectrum of benefits for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance and Other Insurance Plans, Flexible Paid Time Off (including Parental Leave), Paid Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.