Sr. React Native Developer - TechStars 2020 Startup
Role: React Native Developer
Experience: 5+ years
What do we do
Re-inventing credit for millennials and GenZ's like us by delivering it instantly on an app for a monthly subscription, payable as you get paid but without income or credit restrictions.
Growing population of GenZ and Millennials (1B) are in essential jobs with non-standard work arrangements , including over 50M in the US. They need frequent access to affordable credit to deal with frequent monthly income variance. Credit finance companies like One Main Financial are the only easily accessible option today, charging $300 for a $500 loan.
Up to 10% of your cashflow on your smart phone for $5.99/month, no interest, income or credit checks. Use it whenever and wherever you need it e.g. existing bank accounts, everyday merchants, monthly bills etc. Pay as you get paid.
- User-base of over 50,000, growing at 100% Month on Month.
- Commercial pilot with Western Union who has 60M customers that overlap with our users, in the works.
- Commercial pilot with Gig-Wage, rapidly growing gig-payroll provider for SME's with over 50,000 users.
Role & Responsibility
Where do you come into the picture?
You will come in as a team member of our constantly growing Technology team in SF and India. As an engineer you will be working with the core team (CTO, CEO, Dir. of Product & Principal Data Scientist) improving product features based on consumer needs and merchant partner needs. You will need to be collaborative as a team member and always be willing to share the knowledge with colleagues. You’re unafraid to ask for a help if needed because we have many bright minds here. You take our applications, platform & products to next level scalability by writing clean, simple and maintainable code - you will be actively mentoring and reviewing young tech talent in our teams to do so to! Curiosity and constant learning are a mainstay of your personal code!
Also, You won’t be working in a standard tech shop in the payments space. Where else would you get to work on cool stuff like –
- Geo Agnostic GraphQL Powered Serverless Stack
- Homegrown Multi-factor Stage Gated Fraud and Risk Deterrent, Neural Risk Engine,
- Predictive Non-Performing Asset Index and more.
What would a day at Line look like?
- You will be developing Mobile Applications with complex user interfaces
- You will develop a robust mobile application that consumes GraphQL endpoints and is fine-tunes for sturdy, safe and delightful customer experience.
- You will play an active role in implementation of security and data protection. We take privacy very seriously and do not store any PII data on our app, communication channels and our servers.
- You will be a member of our Scrum development team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile team which include, backlog grooming sprint planning, stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives.
- You will design, analyze, code, test, and deploy applications to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- You will adhere to firm-wide architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- You will ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate
- You will balance application development and application support need
What expertise and experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Tier 1 college/university
- Minimum 4+ years of professional app development experience in building scalable React Native Mobile Apps for Android and iOS platform
- With a good understanding of Android and iOS app dev features and resources to build compatible apps - Java, Kotlin, Android SDK (UI development, Data Access, NDK, JNI etc) for Android and Swift, Objective- C (ARC & Non-ARC) for iOS
- Strong & thorough understanding of React Native mobile app development and its core principles and components, adapters, fragments, modules, etc.
- Experience with in-app databases & different persistence mechanisms like Async Storage, SQLlite, Realm, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs & GraphQL
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools like Fastlane, Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis.
- High coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices and implementing them using Jest and Enzyme.
- Familiar with Continuous Delivery approach
- Familiar with App distribution Process for Android & iOS
- Experience with Distributed and Concurrent Systems, knowing the trade-offs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Passion about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- Ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans and implement solutions to them
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
- Customer is at the heart of everything you do and this empathy drives all decision you make
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge/interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems